This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I learned...

I had something specific to say, but it might be fun to have a persistent thread for this here!

Today I learned that "Little Shop of Horrors", that broadway musical that was turned into a movie, originated as another movie back in 1960, directed by Roger Corman.

So I watched it, and now I know why I'd never heard about it; it was a terrible movie. :-)

Also on the same topic, the 1985 movie originally ended with Audrey II taking over the US, but test audiences hated it. It's available on Youtube, and I watched it, and didn't like it either; but *not* because the plants won. :-)

Levi Stubbs (lead vocalist of the Four Tops) was great as the voice of Audrey in the 1986 movie.

The original ending reminded me of the movie The Day of the Triffids.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I love Little Shop! As a little kid I would drive my parents nuts just singing the last verse of the theme song(Little shop,/Little shoppa horrors./Bop-sh'bop,/You'll never stop the terror./Little shop,/Little shoppa horrors./No, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no, oh, oh, no!) over and over and over again.
      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
        As a little kid I would drive my parents nuts just singing the last verse of the theme song *snip* over and over and over again.
        Thanks so much, I now have that stuck in my head.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          Thanks so much, I now have that stuck in my head.
          You're welcome!
          Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Levi Stubbs (lead vocalist of the Four Tops) was great as the voice of Audrey in the 1986 movie.

The original ending reminded me of the movie The Day of the Triffids.
            What the hell is a Triffid????? (Points for reference)
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We can find out . . .

At the late night double-feature picture show. In the back row . . .
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                At the late night double-feature picture show. In the back row . . .
                I wanna go!

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  ...At the late night double-feature picture show. In the back row . . .
                  If you dump the ice from your big drink in it will shrivel the creature under the popcorn...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    What the hell is a Triffid????? (Points for reference)
                    I would tell you, but that would spoil the movie.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I actually have the 1960 "Little Shop" (a b/w movie, no less) on DVD. The featured actor on the cover? Jack Nicholson, who is in it for maybe five minutes, tops, as the sadistic dentist's masochistic patient. And yeah, it's pretty bad.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X