Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crunchy crunchy....Wherein the CEO gets involved....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunchy crunchy....Wherein the CEO gets involved....

Brace yourselves for this one, for this is a comedy of errors that I would never have believed if I had not personally been swept up into it.

For background, remember that in the US, it was Labor Day this past Monday, meaning we were closed as it's a federal holiday.

This morning, the CEO's admin called to ask if Amazon had delivered a box the day before, addressed to the CEO. Nope, nothing. She sent a tracking number.

Now, to make an otherwise VERY long story short(er).....the CEO is doing one of those diets you see advertised on TV where they send you all your meals, though he apparently ordered it on Amazon (As Seen on TV I guess).

Error #1....(well, you could say it's error #2 as those diets are doubtless a waste of money, but I digress)....he had it all shipped to work.

Error #2....Amazon shipped it all via FedEx Home Delivery. That's a ground only, non-expedited service, and this was a PERISHABLE SHIPMENT PACKED IN DRY ICE!!!

Error #3. They only run Tuesday-Saturday, and they tried to deliver to a BUSINESS on a Saturday! Of course security turned them away, because no one was there to receive it. This was PERISHABLE FOOD!!!! Four big boxes!!!

Error #4: FedEx let it sit! And because it was Labor Day Monday,and they're normally closed Monday anyway, they gave their guys Tuesday off instead, letting the packages rot another day. They did nothing to address this.

The packages finally arrived at 4:15 PM today. Four days late. Needless to say it was all ruined.

That brings me to Error #5....at some point in the journey, a neighboring package somehow exploded, showing one box of food with.....wait for it.....

KITTY LITTER!!!!!!

And since this was a personal shipment from the CEO's personal Amazon account, guess who had to call Amazon to complain?

Whoopsies......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Grunchy Crayola Sweets!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Whew. That was less horrifying than it could have been.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Perhaps someone needs to bake him a consolation cake?

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

At first glance I thought that said "constipation cake".
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
            Whew. That was less horrifying than it could have been.
            ...That's what she said
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Hence why one of the rules at one of our national accounts.. NO PERSONAL PACKAGES!

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                Perhaps someone needs to bake him a consolation cake?

I want one of those for my birthday.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

There is a (little known) setting in the Amazon Address book that allows you to say no weekend deliveries. It used to be that it was a setting for business address but that included an "attempt to deliver before 17:30" but they've dropped that
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                  X