This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the hospital bills, ma'am

Some stupid woman at work today, putting her young child inside one of our half-sized carriages (which are CLEARLY MARKED as not allowing children to be seated inside...you're literally staring RIGHT AT the message while pushing it!), and when I called over politely to remind her of the fact, she just cheerfully said, "Right!" -- not even looking at me -- and pushed the cart away, kid still sitting in it. I half-heartedly called after her a second time, but she didn't even turn around, I was busy pushing carts in from the lot, and I couldn't be bothered, so hope your child enjoys the scars left behind by the scalp lacerations, lady.

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    hope your child enjoys the scars left behind by the scalp lacerations, lady.
    Why scalp lacerations? I imagine the carts that you are referring to are these?
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Maybe the kid's in the bottom rack, and standing up quickly will result in head 'A' meeting top rack 'B'?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

That's what I was thinking, when I saw the photo ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I am thinking more along the lines of splitting his head open when he takes a nose dive out of the top of the cart.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            I am thinking more along the lines of splitting his head open when he takes a nose dive out of the top of the cart.
            Yeah, me too. Even if the fall doesn't break the skin, there's the impact of skull hitting the ground from a few feet up. Great parenting, that.

Almost as good as the lady with the baby who walked diagonally across the aisles of a busy Costco parking lot without so much as turning her head to watch for cars flying through the lot darting for open spaces. Her head was pointed down, hair in her face. It was like watching those dash cam videos where pedestrians jump onto cars to commit insurance fraud, that's how bad it was.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
              Why scalp lacerations? I imagine the carts that you are referring to are these?
              Yes, that's the very cart.

Scalp lacerations when the cart inevitably overbalances and the kid falls out of the top part onto the hard floor.

Comment

Not that the regular carts can't overbalance and the kid go splat either. I had just warned a set of parents that they might want to tell their daughter to at least SIT in the basket, but noooooo... and the poor kiddo wound up knocking out a tooth hitting the vinyl tile covered floor. Parents of the year shot me an "Oh, SHIT!" look while my assistant store manager took over the situation. All I could do was give them the "disgusted-told-you-so" look and tell a dept manager what had happened.

In fact, we'd JUST opened for the first time as a full super-center AND gotten lectured by the training videos and management about this particular thing that very day. I'm pretty sure the parents probably.. nay, definitely thought that my warning them gave the kid the idea to fall out of the overbalanced buggy.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Just as infuriating are the parents who allow their kids to ride UNDER the carts, which is a grievous bodily injury waiting to happen. One time, when I politely asked some idiot woman to kindly remove her kid from under a cart, the kid's knee got wedged in-between two of the metal strats, and when the kid understandably started to panic that he was trapped, the woman looked at me and said, "So, this is where you say, 'I told you so', right?"

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    "So, this is where you say, 'I told you so', right?"
                    Well, that's at least recognizing a "I done screwed up" situation... unlike some of the other SCs we've seen described here.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                      Maybe the kid's in the bottom rack, and standing up quickly will result in head 'A' meeting top rack 'B'?
                      I often get to sleep at night thinking of my head 'A' being buried in a rack 'B'....

*no trolleys are involved
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        ... *no trolleys are involved
                        Other than the one you're off of...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Any trolley is dangerous to kids if not used as directed. Back in my supermarket days, I once told this woman to stop her little girl from using the trolley as a miniature climbing frame, pointing out that since the trolley was in motion, an accident could happen and the child would be better off sitting in the seat. The woman replied rudely, "She's my child, not yours," and stomped off.

Barely half an hour later, an announcement came over the tannoy for a first aider to attend. I hurried over, and was not really surprised to see the woman from earlier. Her poor daughter had fallen over while clambering all over the trolley and had split her head open on the metal rim.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            Barely half an hour later, an announcement came over the tannoy for a first aider to attend. I hurried over, and was not really surprised to see the woman from earlier. Her poor daughter had fallen over while clambering all over the trolley and had split her head open on the metal rim.
                            Splitting your head open sucks. I know this because I've done it. If you want to read the specifics, it's over here. I hope that the kid ended up okay though.
                            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

FYI: There are LOTS of blood vessels in your forehead. Split the skin, and people will think you are bleeding out. Blood everywhere. I have learned that from personal experience. Multiple times.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X