Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not "can't pay", more "don't want to pay".

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth gerund View Post
    There's a show on English TV called "Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!". They do this same thing show after show.
    Which means at some point a show like this might show up in the U.S. After all, a lot of the "reality" type shows we have here started "across the pond", or are ideas based on shows from "across the pond". Our laws are likely different, so the premise may differ somewhat (probably more like a "repo" show, I don't know).

And side note: My understanding is that in parts of the U.S., it's actually illegal to pump your own gas. I've never seen a place like that, just something I think I read somewhere.
    Last edited by mjr; 10-11-2017, 10:58 AM.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      Which means at some point a show like this might show up in the U.S. After all, a lot of the "reality" type shows we have here started "across the pond", or are ideas based on shows from "across the pond". Our laws are likely different, so the premise may differ somewhat (probably more like a "repo" show, I don't know).

And side note: My understanding is that in parts of the U.S., it's actually illegal to pump your own gas. I've never seen a place like that, just something I think I read somewhere.
      There are two states with such laws: Oregon and New Jersey.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Update: Burke and Hare returned to the petrol station and were very surprised to learn that they were banned.
        Did they say "But we didn't DO anything wrong!"?

or did they say

"What did we DO?"?

or did they say

"We're never coming back!"?

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
          Did they say ...

"We're never coming back!"?
          "Um, yeah, that's the general idea of you being BANNED."

They probably did say something along those lines, gerund. Wouldn't surprise me. They're not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            They probably did say something along those lines, gerund. Wouldn't surprise me. They're not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.
            They have a couple of kangaroos loose in the top paddock. (I am from Australia)

Comment

Well, they were told that they were banned, but for some reason, they thought that we weren't being serious.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Well, they were told that they were banned, but for some reason, they thought that we weren't being serious.
                Since when did anyone named Burke and Hare follow the rules? Maybe you can get Hare to rat out Burke ... again.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Since when did anyone named Burke and Hare follow the rules? Maybe you can get Hare to rat out Burke ... again.
                  I love it when people get my obscure references.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Up the close and doon the stair,
                    But and ben' wi' Burke and Hare.
                    Burke's the butcher, Hare's the thief,
                    Knox, the boy that buys the beef.

Comment

Working...
                    X