This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearranging the deck chairs

So we just got the news today that my store will no longer be 24 hours. Our pharmacy stopped that about 2 years ago. We have a good amount of full time people and the hours may not be there for everyone. Full time at my company is 30 hours. If my hours get cut hey I can still get my insurance! Woo.

Needless to say the mood around the store tonight was pretty somber. Sure, we still have jobs but nobody is really confident that will be the case for very long. There's only two pharmacy chains in the country, my company just took over one of the last. They have money to take over almost 2000 stores but not to keep the ones they have running? It's crazy to think that we could go out of business.

They're cutting things left and right. Amazon is the reason they're giving but I don't know. There's a lot of competition especially since every grocery store has a pharmacy.

Guess it's time to start a job search. FML.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I'm sorry to hear about this. These days, unfortunately, it never hurts to keep one eye peeled for a new job, because the same companies that whine about no loyalty from their employees have no compunction about cutting hours and/or jobs when it suits them.

I wonder if you're in the same country I am ... I can remember when there were several chains; now My Hometown is overrun with one particular chain. I make it a point to take my 'scrips to a local independent pharmacy.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I work for the competitor of the three letter pharmacy that are always on opposite corners from each other. I used the old Googles to see if I can find if the company was really in trouble but I couldn't find much. They just paid $4 billion dollars to take over probably one of the last pharmacy chains and add almost 2000 stores. It's just very mixed messages.

Besides cutting these hours, for a majority of the stores that had better pharmacy sales they cut 20% of the inventory which of course cut hours. They took away most of the endstands and the choice of products. I haven't heard much good about it from the people who have been in those stores.

The store manager is trying to put a positive spin on it but that's not really carrying over to the employees.

Comment

Because employees have always had fairly well-tuned antennae for management BS ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yeah, nobody is really feeling very positive about this.

Comment

Working...
          X