This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steerike three for the legal field

So I get home today from my shift at The Mothership to find an email from my office job ... he needs me to fill in some tax forms so he can pay me ... and he doesn't have enough work to justify keeping an administrative assistant, so this will be my first and last pay from him.

This is the third time I've been unceremoniously turfed out of a law office job, all through no fault of my own. I think I've had it with that field. Unfortunately for me, I still have to pay off my student loan ...

I know this isn't in the "advice" thread, but I'm wondering about just throwing in the towel and moving out West NOW. I've got The Mothership job, which I hope to hold onto for maybe two years (and then move West) and I also don't know how much I can expect in terms of an inheritance, although I believe it will be enough (if not slightly more than enough) to get me and my cats and books out there and find a place to live ... and hopefully find a job, quickly.

I should add that Ontario's minimum wage is supposed to rise to $14 an hour in the new year. That will be good only if it doesn't result in massive cuts to my shifts. Saskatchewan's minimum wage is considerably less than that, but its cost of living is at least equal to, if not slightly more than, Ontario's.

Thoughts?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X