This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Who

UGH why must the first of the season be a two parter?
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

i thought this thread was going to be about sarah whats her name who died that the two dr,who waters i know is mourning.

but what can i say ive never watched dr.who ever.

Comment

We've already have a thread on that in check it out, Slice.

And Monolayth, I know! True we could go ahead and watch it, but that feels a little like cheating.

BUT OMG! I was so freaked out last night.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
        UGH why must the first of the season be a two parter?
        Because Moffat wants to drive us crazy?

I know I'll be going nuts waiting for part 2 to air this Saturday. I thought Moffat's cliffhanger from The Pandorica Opens was bad; this one was just cruel.

It was really sweet, though, that the episode was dedicated to Elisabeth Sladen. Sarah Jane was one of the best companions, and it's really sad that Ms. Sladen is no longer with us. She was a really lovely lady.

*Spoilers ahead*

Was anyone else heartbroken by River Song telling Rory that one day she'll run into the Doctor but he won't know her, and that she believes that day will end in her death? When she said that line I immediately thought of her death scene from Forest of the Dead and almost started crying. It must be so hard for her, living her life out of sync with the Doctor's.

I had to laugh though when she shot the Doctor's stetson. First she killed the fez (which I loved, by the way! It definitely suited him) in The Big Bang, and now this. Dammit woman, let the poor man have at least one hat, will you?
        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I am sort of glad. I missed it on Saturday so I might get to see it before part 2.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm a bit mixed on this one. I don't really like the direction Matt Smith is taking the Doctor's character. Have to wait and see I suppose.

**Spoiler Alert *

Also interesting that it seems Amy will likely not be a companion past the current season
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I have to be honest here - if I wasn't a fan...

I found the episode confusing. With no clear shot at the central conflict, whatever that may be, it was actually a bit hard to care about what was happening.

An episode has to be pretty dire for me to write it off completely (see: "Timelash") and I've returned to episodes that bewildered me in childhood for a fresh perspective and enjoyed them much more (see: "Vengeance on Varos"), so I'm grading this one an "incomplete." Two reasons: I've been watching this show for 26 years now, so I can forgive it much, and I've only got half the story, other half to be broadcast next Saturday. I think anyone trying to write a synopsis of this episode would have a hell of a time with it, due to the enormous number of disparate elements all crashing together in the middle.

So I'll wait for the payoff.

Comment

Spoiler contemplation:

Anyone else get the feeling that

A. Amy shot her own daughter in that space suit

and

B. The monster? Totally the Slenderman. Current theory among my friends and I is that Moffet planted Slenderman on the internet when he took over Who, leading up to using it in Who.

Also this was the first time I felt sucker punched by a Dr. Who episode. The end felt like it came way, way too early. Even with two parters I've never gotten that feeling before. We'll see where it goes.
                Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

To quote River. Spoilers!

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                  Was anyone else heartbroken by River Song telling Rory that one day she'll run into the Doctor but he won't know her, and that she believes that day will end in her death? When she said that line I immediately thought of her death scene from Forest of the Dead and almost started crying. It must be so hard for her, living her life out of sync with the Doctor's.

I immediately sent to get the dvd out to watch that episode again. Unfortunately an upset nearly 2 year old jinxed that

But what I really want to know is what idiot decided that australia could wait a week for each episode?
                  NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!
                  It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
                  Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
                  So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

Quoth lolad View Post
                    But what I really want to know is what idiot decided that australia could wait a week for each episode?
                    NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!
                    This is why Hubby downloads it from the UK. It's just not fair to have to wait.
                    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                      This is why Hubby downloads it from the UK. It's just not fair to have to wait.
                      Oh I do that.

There is no way i am going to wait, but i would have prefered to watch it and confidential sooner without having to muck around with getting it across to the tv.

In fact i even got up in the middle of the night to start downloading when the series was restarted
                      It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
                      Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
                      So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

I suppose I could download it. And when I get my new laptop, perhaps I will. But right now, with the choice between my 1 year old flat screen HD tv or my ancient desk top that has internal cobwebs dating back to the Truman Administration, I am going to be patient and wait to watch them on my tv.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Now I don't have cable, but I am a fan of Dr. Who.
                          Luckily Netflix carries the revived series, seasons 1-4 on instant cast. So I watch and rewatch those there.
                          PBS in my area shows Dr Who on friday nights, but they are a full year behind. Next Friday's episode is "Vampires in Venice". They will recast season 5 over and over until spring of 2012, when they will start showing Season 6.
                          But I am able to watch the new episodes, generally right after they air, because several very nice people upload them onto youtube on Saturday night. By Sunday night/Monday morning they're taken down.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth lolad View Post
                            Oh I do that.

There is no way i am going to wait, but i would have prefered to watch it and confidential sooner without having to muck around with getting it across to the tv.

In fact i even got up in the middle of the night to start downloading when the series was restarted
                            And this is why our TV is attached to my PC.

Or rather, is my computer monitor.

After going three months without turning the bugger on we had the sudden inspiration of moving it into the office and replacing the smaller thing that was attached at the time. I mean, since that's where we get our TV anyhow, why not?

Comment

I got into Doctor Who just last month, and spent the last few weeks catching up on the New Series 1-4 on Netflix, and then splurging a little and buying the "End of Ten" specials (The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, Waters of Mars, End of Time), Series 5, and Series 6 on Zune on XBL.

I must admit to being a big fan of the series now, and I'm still not entirely sure I like Eleven that much. (I blame the fact that he's entirely too "shut up, stop talking, brain thinking" and alien, compared to Ten.)

I like how the Doctor stuck it to the bad guys in "Day of the Moon", however. I'd go into details, but... well... "Spoilers!" </River Song>
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X