Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am watching the current season on BBC America. I'm not sure how I feel about the first two eps. I will admit, however, to being completely blown away when the Doctor was killed in mid-regeneration! WTF? Now, I'm finding it hard to follow the timeline of the story for this season. According to the "Inside Special", Alex Kingston said she knew how the whole season was going to play out. Wonder how she got that information out of the notoriously tight-lipped Stephen Moffat? Hmmm. Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to seeing where the season leads, if I can keep up.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth BamaBabe View Post
      According to the "Inside Special", Alex Kingston said she knew how the whole season was going to play out. Wonder how she got that information out of the notoriously tight-lipped Stephen Moffat?
      I watched the special on "Doctor Who in America." Moffatt told Alex Kingston everything because River Song knows everything, so he thought spilling all the secrets or "spoilers" to her would help her play her character more realistically. So she's not just acting like she knows the whole story--because she does.

Comment

Oh god the cracks in the universe are real
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

WOW. That can't POSSIBLY be real.

I have to be honest, last season I wasn't all that thrilled with Moffat's writing, but I am LOVING this season.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
            I watched the special on "Doctor Who in America." Moffatt told Alex Kingston everything because River Song knows everything, so he thought spilling all the secrets or "spoilers" to her would help her play her character more realistically. So she's not just acting like she knows the whole story--because she does.
            I heard something similar about Harry Potter. That when JK visited The Sorcerer's Stone set, she pulled Alan Rickman aside and talked to him for a LONG time. Then as soon as they started filming, his acting was totally different. Rumor had it that she told him everything.

And I can't say I'm shocked Moffat DID tell her everything. Kinda the same thing. I did read somewhere on the Internets that he flat out refused to tell Matt ANYTHING, wanted Matt's jaw to drop when he read the script.

Comment

Quoth Hermione View Post
              WOW. That can't POSSIBLY be real.
              'Fraid so. I remember reading about it somewhere last year. I was equal parts amused and horrified.

Actually, that pretty much sums up my reaction to most of Moffat's episodes in fact.
              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                Ah...thanks for the clarification, Strawbabies. I didn't get the part about River Song knowing all.
                "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

So... last night's episode was amazing. Neil Gaiman. The Doctor's Wife (sort of), the Tardis, spooky, cameoes ... it was sad and funny.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I <3 Gaiman.

That was such a gorgeous episode. I was crying by the end of it. That was just perfect.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I was looking forward to this week's episode ever since I heard Gaiman was going to be writing it. (I'm gay for Gaiman. <3)

Every single moment with the human!Tardis was made of win.

My favorite line from the episode: "I like this biting! It's like kissing, but there's a winner!"

I will say that House is probably one of the creepiest villains (to me) in nuWhovian history. And that's including the Weeping Angels, the Vashta Narada, and the Silence.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Bunk beds!
                        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Poor Rory and Amy on that one.

And I don't know, Jay. Angels are kind of creepy just for the fact I still can't pass an angel statue without watching them.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                            Poor Rory and Amy on that one.

And I don't know, Jay. Angels are kind of creepy just for the fact I still can't pass an angel statue without watching them.
                            I said "one of." I'd definitely rank the Angels and Silence above House (bolded because Evil Sounds Deep and to differentiate from Dr. House), but House was able to really mess with Amy's head. (And what's more, do you think that Rory escaped without some mind-rape too?)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              (And what's more, do you think that Rory escaped without some mind-rape too?)
                              No, but seeing as how he's done things like spend 2000 years waiting for Amy, it probably doesn't faze him like it does Amy.

I really loved House. It was the first episode this season that I was in love with, but I think that's because the first half of the season opener was way different than I expected (not because of the first few things that happened, but because of the structure). I'll probably like the season opener more when I see where the season goes.

Comment

Regarding the Angels, all I have to do to creep my wife out is say "Don't blink."

I'm kinda surprised to see some of the dislike of Eleven around these days. It's a different Doctor from Ten, of course, but is that such a bad thing? Quite a lot of Ten was overwrought, to the point the emotional impact was lessened each time because it happened so often. Sure, Eleven has his moments, but with him being so much less dark than the last two, when there is a truly emotional moment (such as in Gaiman's excellent episode), it hits you so much harder.

I loved Nine, I loved Ten, but I adore and love Eleven. (Before Nine I only caught bits and pieces as it was on TV back in Ireland, but never watched it enough to count myself as a fan, alas).

Comment

Working...
                                X