Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it. "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition". Looks like it finally settled in Vegas:
    http://www.luxor.com/entertainment/titanic.aspx
    (you can see in the pics the giant chunk of hull they hauled up)

There are still some touring exhibits as well:
    http://www.rmstitanic.net/exhibitions.html

And here are some of the artifact photos
    http://www.rmstitanic.net/community/...ct-photos.html
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

well, all I can say is, when the movie comes back to the theaters if ya'll hear news reports of some idiot gettin' their ass kicked at a theater in Ga because they booed , well you can pretty much figure I was the one who did it

just kidding well, sorta, maybe
      Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 01-24-2012, 10:05 PM.
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
        the most awesome song she ever did
        Yes, it was. And it was played TO DEATH, and still is. And I have no problem with people liking it. I just find it to be absolute dreck. But if I remember correctly, the song is only at the end of the movie during the credits, right? So I can walk out during it?

I will probably go see the movie again, because 1. it's a good movie, 2. the sinking of the ship was one of the most amazing cinematic feats I've ever seen, and 3. Kate Winslet looks really good naked.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

you're right, I agree with that, it WAS overkill just a tad, but then again so was all the teeny bopper girls salivating over Leo.

And yes, pretty much, you're correct, the vocal song is only during the credits, but the tune itself was used throughout the movie. So I guess you can walk out during the credits, if you can see thru your tears that is *kidding don't kill me*

Hey if you want a really good laugh, go to youtube & search for Titanic's deleted scenes, one in particular is a fight scene between Jack & Lovejoy. Its funny b/c it's so unrealistic (which is why it was left out heh)

Comment

"No mere man can compare to the memory of those suspenders."

I laughed til I cried.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              Found it. "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition". Looks like it finally settled in Vegas:
              It's actually going up for auction on April the 11th.

Can someone loan me about $300 Million to buy it?

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

hehe, an appropriate date they picked to do it, nice that they want the exhibit to remain open to the public still though..

The article says that one of the things they recovered from the wreck was the ship's steering wheel stand?? I would've thought that would've been destroyed the night she sank when the water came through the wheelhouse windows

Bandit, believe me, if I had $$ like that I wouldn't hesitate to go in with ya, would be a cool thing to a least own a share of it

And just think, if only they'd had 15 more feet, another 15 feet & we wouldn't even be having this conversation

Comment

Actually Titanic [and Avatar] is among the movies I have never seen nor will I ever see them. I have never seen more than was in a commercial I could not change channels fast enough. The more something gets shoved down our throat by advertising, the less inclined I am to watch it.

That being said, I am working my way through Last Dinner on the Titanic, mainly because I trained in classic french cooking, and I collect cookbooks =) Anybody who is a Titanic fan would appreciate it, it gives menus and recipes and suggestions on how to have a Titanic dinner party.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

well to each their own

although, I suspect that as the anniversary gets closer that they will be advertising it ALOT (especially the latter part of March & all through April)

That cookbook sounds cool though, I've seen it on Amazon, but I don't own it..Tell me though, do they include the iceberg in any of the recipes? ha ha

Comment

... do they include the iceberg in any of the recipes? ha ha
                      Let us hope not.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

really, that WAS kinda lame

Actually, there apparently was a deleted scene in the movie where someone in first class stopped a waiter & asked for more ice supposedly, this scene took place only minutes before Titanic struck the iceberg The irony of that goes along with the irony of the song they sang that morning during services, "Eternal Father Strong To Save"

dunno if this scene exists or not, but I have the collector's edition (that has all the deleted scenes & a bunch of extra stuff on it ) winging it's way to me as we speak so I'll check it out, would be ironic if that did happen though
                        Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 01-28-2012, 08:44 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

really, that WAS kinda lame
                          Well, we did host the 2uoh2 Limp Icks.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            That being said, I am working my way through Last Dinner on the Titanic...
                            Damn it! They don't have a Kindle version!

Tell me though, do they include the iceberg in any of the recipes?
                            Probably some iceberg lettuce in some of them.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                              My university actually has a history class on the Titanic this semester and the professor is hoping that the school's history society will put on an event that ties in somehow with the anniversary.
                              This just give me a sinking feeling.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                This just give me a sinking feeling.
                                Sheldon! A rescue! A rescue! Jester's going down!

Comment

Working...
                                X