This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on New GM

Ok so a few weeks ago I posted distraught that my beloved GM (who I will call Stan for the purposes of this forum, though that's not his real name) was promoted and thus leaving. Well the new guy is here, and wonder of wonders, he's also good. He has much of the same "team" spirit that Stan had, and the same gentleness of manner.

Something surprising happened, though. Because I don't owe the new GM as much (Stan let us stay at the hotel at cost when we had to leave our old apartment), I'm not as desperate not to let him down. That means I put less pressure on myself, and as a result, actually do better at my job. I have ADHD and our computer system is really fiddly, and I miss important details when I'm nervous.

So it turns out Stan leaving was good for my work. I still do my absolute best, but now it's for myself and my family. I still remember his example, and hope to someday emulate his leadership, but it hasn't been as bad losing him to Regional as I thought.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

That's great. Glad to hear it's worked out so well, fingers crossed it stays this way!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

That's great that you got a good new manager.

Comment

I'm also happy for you. I hope you can remember that you are good at your job, even when you do eventually make a mistake, and not be too hard on yourself.

Also, I love you sig. I try to think that way, especially when people start talking about football, which really doesn't interest me. :P
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          especially when people start talking about football, which really doesn't interest me.
          Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't know (or care) how many touchdowns the Leafs got in the World Series.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

To quote Niles from Frasier "why thank you for telling me, I can't sleep nights until I know who hurled what ball through what apparatus."
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X