X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No to duty credit

A bit CoC, but more SC...

Pink Flamingo Party Supplies and Novelties will ship out of the US. If a customer claims an issue with the order, we will issue a credit (it isn't financially worth it for the company to resend and be on the hook for the shipping, etc., though we can reship if the customer is insistent on it....) We don't get a whole lot of Intl orders because:
    • I don't think we have much of an international presence
    • The shipping is very expensive (starts around $30USD/based on weight)
    • The customer is responsible for any taxes, duties, broker fees
    • ??

The other day a woman from up north of us called because the dyo ceramic ornaments arrived broken. Apologized and was crediting back for the item when she said she was also told that after she received her order we would credit back the shipping.

<Record scratch sound>
    What?? Look in comments and yes, the agent that took the order actually left a note saying to credit back the shipping. (I think that agent got talked to about that after all was said and done)

So, on a $50 dollar order, the woman is going to get $47 back. But is this good enough for SC? Hell no. "I had to pay $16 out of my own pocket to get this package" Tried telling her we couldn't do anything about that, but she kept insisting. Put her on hold and spoke Sup A, came back and told her I spoke with one of the supervisors and since was charged that by her government and not us, we couldn't not issue any sort of credit towards the duties she had to pay. Cue much bitching and ranting before demanding to speak to a manager and being sent to Sup M...who got to tell SC the exact same thing she had already been told.
Working...
X