This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth myswtghst View Post
    Our best tech support agents are a motley bunch, including quite a few guys and gals with discernable accents, including Korean, Indian, Russian and Hispanic.
    What's hilarious is when you get someone going off a rant like that with someone with an Hispanic accent. Um, yeah, but you can be native born in the US and still have an Hispanic accent. Hell, at times, I sound like a chola and I have no Hispanic blood in me! I get looks! (One of the girls I work with finds it hilarious when I start swearing in Spanish) Depends on where you were raised.

I don't have too much trouble with international accents. The accent that gives me the most trouble is New Yawk. I'm sitting there going, "Que?" half the time with it! And I have to admit that the Minnesota accent grates on my nerves. That's why I've never been able to watch "Fargo".
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      It takes energy to stay angry all the time.... why bother?

Cause you know if the xenophobic guy worked at a call center and got a call from an irate foreigner going off about how he hates these Yanks like him taking jobs away from his countrymen, he'd mute the caller and call him a racist bigot to his coworkers.

I hate hypocrites who don't realize when they're being one, more than anyone else.
      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I, too, have a lot of trouble with some Southern and Northeastern accents. Far more trouble than I have with most foreign accents.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
        X