This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I'm So Rude" Thread

Tell us all the ways you've been "rude" to customers over the years. Here's a list of the things I can remember, both recent and past:

--Asked how much a payment would be and showed shock and disgust on my face when I was yelled at for asking.
    --Told someone the receipt hadn't printed because the computer was stuck on my end.
    --Responded "fine" or "ok" to a perfunctory greeting.
    --Told someone I was closed at 20 minutes after closing time.
    --Struggled to dig the coin change out the crevice between the in-bed scanner and the counter and looked frustrated I couldn't get at it. This was after the kid tossed it at me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

-- Telling a group of seniors at 9:55 that we close at ten, and then telling them with a friendly tone and a smile that I do actually have to kick them out now at 10:05.

-- Not opening the locked drive thru window for a customer to tell him we weren't open at 4:30 AM (we open at 5), when all the lights inside AND outside were still out. He knocked on the window, scaring the shit out of me and a coworker, we shook our head and walked away. He came by later to tell me how rude it was. Sorry, I like staying safe.

-- Reminding someone with a large order that they could pre-order next time and that we'd be able to have it ready for them at their convenience without the wait.

-- Asking someone if they'd like their penny change. (Apparently this made them feel guilty for not tipping if they were to say they wanted it.)
    Last edited by Chazzie; 10-14-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

So many I can barely remember!

Most recent: Saying no to a customer who wanted her money back without her receipt or any proof of purchase.

Most memorable: Saying "excuse me, please" to a customer who was standing in my way.

Comment

Turning people to the other bathrooms because I was in the midst of cleaning one some intruder wanted to use.

Oh yes, and warning people that I was mopping and that the floor was wet. How dare I try to remove the liquid on the floor in the middle of the junk food isle.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Asking the caller to repeat the customer number they barked out the second I answered the call because the field to type that in wasn't right in front of me since I was reading internal communications/finishing up notes on an account (no "make busy" with new phone system and logging out to do a note goes against accountable time)/putting down my cup after taking a sip of coffee or water between calls/etc.

Comment

Telling a customer that THEIR prescriptions are THEIR responsibility.

Comment

Asking people to take a number.

Not helping someone without a number, when there are like 10 people with numbers death glaring me.

Having to go find a SKU. I should magically know all the prices and SKUs for everything.

Telling a customer their coupon is expired or doesn't apply to their item.

Telling a customer that the store doesn't provide wifi.
              Last edited by notalwaysright; 10-14-2015, 11:19 PM.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Asking a customer for their name so I can verify that I'm talking to the customer of record.
                Explaining to a customer that I can't do something they want me to do, and why.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm sure I've had more, but my most memorable two moments were for the same customer. First time was carding her for her cigarette purchase (she was 19, but decided to pitch a fit about being carded anyway). Second time was a different visit about two weeks later where she wasn't buying cigarettes, but I had to ID her for the card she was using (which turned out to be her mother's). Apparently these two instances were evidence that I was "out to get her."

The only other one I recall was actually my fault. I was working at a craft store at the beginning of the Christmas selling season (so September), and after hanging up the phone with a customer mentioned to a coworker that I had just fielded yet another phone call from someone wanting to return one of the "all sales final" red tag Christmas trees. Thing is, I said this in front of other customers at the checkout line, and I think my frustration with all the "can I return it?" questions was apparent in my voice. So yeah, I accept blame for that one.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Asking to actually get paid instead of just giving custom quilts away.

I get that one a lot.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I was being rude because I had bad breath and was chewing gum while checking out a customer. What really happened: I had a sore throat and had a Halls cough drop in my mouth. Apparently they make your breath stink :P

Comment

-- For telling a customer "I'll be right with you" when I'm in the middle of helping another customer with two more that's waiting in front of them. Um, no, sorry, please get in line.

-- For telling a customer "we don't carry that anymore" when asked if we carry [product not carried in years].
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          Asking to actually get paid instead of just giving custom quilts away.

I get that one a lot.
                          So you won't make me a custom quilt to auction for less than it cost you in materials to help my good cause?

You are heartless and very rude.

Ducks and runs.

Comment

I got called rude:

-When I sighed because the computer was frozen.

-When I said "I can't help you" to a customer who was lost and her phone was about to die.

-When I give freebies. (wth?)

-When I said "I can't help you" to a customer that arrived at 7 AM and his room for last night was sold. (worst sc ever btw)

-When I follow the rules and do my job
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                              -- For telling a customer "we don't carry that anymore" when asked if we carry [product not carriedlegal for sale in years].
                              Fixed that for you. I'm sure someone here has had a customer asking for lawn darts or some other item that's now illegal to sell due to idiots trying to win Darwin Awards with it.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X