This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    I'm shocked at 2 things: how cheap the tank washout was (considering mixed diesel and gasoline can't be used in EITHER kind of engine, so it has to be disposed of as hazardous material - did the shop that did the washout have an oil furnace which could have used the (estimated) 90/10 diesel/gas mix?), and the fact that diesel is that much more expensive than gasoline (I'm assuming that she filled the tank with gasoline after the washout).
    She was a member of the AA so got it for cheaper than a private company, and back then, diesel was more expensive. Now it's the same price as petrol.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      In the US Diesel nozzles are green to make it obvious it's not unleaded gas.
      This is not true. The BP gas station I use has green nozzles for unleaded gas, and black nozzles for diesel.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

A lady was put out because I wouldn't get some foam down for her. I told her that when her number was called we would get the foam and cut it as well. I was trying to clock out, and she did that little "oh!" sound when she saw me. I really hate that. I mean, we had tons of employees on the floor, it's not like we were understaffed. And of course she had to find me, the one person who can't help, and was speed-walking off of the floor.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        This is not true. The BP gas station I use has green nozzles for unleaded gas, and black nozzles for diesel.
        Really? I've only seen black for regular gas and green for diesel. Sometimes the diesel pumps are over by themselves, a short distance from the bank of regular pumps. Maybe it varies, like how the gas station I've been going to now doesn't even have diesel, and how some gas stations have three pumps, one for each octave, and some have one pump and you push a button to tell it which kind.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Said that we were out of stock of an item but could check if nearby stores had stock.

They complained to my manager while I was away looking it up on the computer
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Haven't been to a BP in ages. Still, the diesel nozzles are a different color to alert you to the fact it's NOT gasoline...

Comment

Refused to accept an expired ID for alcohol purchase.

Refused to accept for alcohol purchases IDs that are not valid for alcohol purchases under Florida law.

Refused to take a parent's assurance that their child was of age, rather than actually seeing said child's ID.

Refused to take a parent's assurance that it was perfectly fine for their underage child to drink with them. (In some states, that is legal. In Florida, it is not.)

Refused to serve a couple of dirtbags who were way too intoxicated....at noon.

Informed customers that they could not be in the establishment without shoes. (Even wrote a song about that one.)

Told a customer they couldn't smoke inside the establishment.

Told a customer that I had no idea where they could find weed.

Told a customer that I had no idea where they could find various illegal narcotics.

Told a customer that we could not put on soccer/golf/auto racing because all the TVs were taken by college football, it being a college football Saturday. (I'm sure the same thing has happened on NFL Sundays, but I don't work Sundays.)

Told a customer that we would not be putting the sound on for their game because we only have one sound system and it was on the University of Florida game that 90% of the customers were watching.

Told a customer that their underage children could not sit at the bar.

And on and on and on.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Over here, the pumps are green for unleaded and super, and black or yellow for diesel.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                  --pointing down the aisle after a customer asked where a product was (he said it's rude to point, even though I wasn't pointing at any person, it was an empty aisle)
                  In defense of this one a bit, in a lot of cultures it actually IS rude to point with your index finger (Workers at Disney parks are actually trained never to point with the index finger, but use two fingers or gesture with their whole hand.) However, sometimes people just need to keep it to themselves and just realize that obviously no offense was intended.
                  Last edited by VComps; 10-29-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Over here, the pumps are green for unleaded and super, and black or yellow for diesel.
                    Maybe that's why my BP station has that colour scheme. BP = British Petroleum.

Comment

Yes. Cuz we're just that awesome. XD
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Told a customer that I had no idea where they could find weed.
                        That's easy - Alaska, Colorado, Washington (both D.C. and the state). Or, if it's the right season, anyone from Toronto can score them some primo dandelion. Hey, dandelion is a weed.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I once told someone "They [corp people] don't consult me about these decisions."
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            That's easy - Alaska, Colorado, Washington (both D.C. and the state). Or, if it's the right season, anyone from Toronto can score them some primo dandelion. Hey, dandelion is a weed.
                            Not quite true. While it is legal to possess weed in DC, it is illegal to buy or sell it. You can thank the US Congress for that screwed up situation.

Comment

So can you grow, say, one plant without consequences?
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                                So can you grow, say, one plant without consequences?
                                In DC? Yes. Limited use and cultivation of marijuana is permitted is permitted in residences.

Link 1.

Link 2

Link 3

Comment

Working...
                                X