Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were US forces IN Vietnam for ten years? Seriously questioning the claimed duration of service there.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Were US forces IN Vietnam for ten years? Seriously questioning the claimed duration of service there.
      *googles* Uh... wow, 20 years? And the US was definitely involved for at least 11 so it's possible for sure.

Comment

Oh, OK. Thanks. I hadn't thought any one soldier could have been in Vietnam for ten years, as the "veteran" claimed. Guess it was possible after all, even if I still don't think it's terribly likely.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I was rude for yelling at guests to leave the lobby. During a fire alarm. I guess burning to death is fine as long as those idjits get to eat their waffles. Also I was rude for not standing there and calling every single guest and "notifying" them as to what was going on, as flashing lights and blaring sirens aren't notice enough that there is a problem. My pet rat had the sense to run away from danger, but not these people.
          Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-03-2016, 01:39 PM.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I'm always rude for following policy (mainly because I'm one of the few who actually is aware of it)....at least the policies that are zero benefit to the SCs.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I was rude for refusing to let an SC off the fifty pence that they "accidentally" went over when filling up and insisting that they pay it. SC eventually went back to the car and venomously slammed down the coin on the till, before telling me how rude I was.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I was rude for refusing to let an SC off the fifty pence that they "accidentally" went over when filling up and insisting that they pay it. SC eventually went back to the car and venomously slammed down the coin on the till, before telling me how rude I was.
                Same thing when I do a delivery. Customer hands me a few bills plus a large handful/baggies of change. YES I WILL stand there and count out every last coin (EVEN if it is a cupful of pennies sorry gonna take a few minutes). They get all butt-hurt especially when they are like a dollar or two short and I call them on that. Sorry any shortages come out of MY pocket. I already lose money on some deliveries so anything more hurts MY bottom line.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

If I can glance at it and even suspect it's not the exact amount of change (or close, say someone mistakes a dime for a nickel or accidentally gives me an extra whatever), I will count it. And you will wait. Even if it's rolled in the paper rolls you can get at any office store (I've seen most of the coin scams known to man and even found a few old blank slugs).

Yes, I've been called rude for doing that. Then the next customer(s) called out the change-giver for being rude for holding up the line (surprise surprise, they were short by about $5 and a manager had to loom there to get them to pay up)

Comment

I've been rude for saving someone's kid from drowning. Sorry, but I took 40+ hours of training and she wasn't just playing. She can get over being embarrassed. It's a bit harder to get over being dead.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I'm rude any time I open the front doors to let in an employee and a customer tries to come in so I say "I'm sorry, we're not open yet, I was letting in an employee." Today was a bonus day because my CW had already told this woman that we weren't open, but she had to say "so, can we come IN?" in a snotty tone to me as I open the doors.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

This is actually a gripe about my coworkers. But I was actually called 'rude' for this.

I'm rude for closing chats after I get an answer instead of, you know, chit-chatting an extra few minutes while the tech is WAITING for his reg codes to work! God forbid I actually get on with my work!

I am so pissed off even thinking about it.

Comment

I was rude yesterday as I didn't know if our competitor accepted credit cards .... dude how would I know what the heck out competitors do? I don't work there. I am just a cashier and I only know what cards our company accepts.

Comment

I'm so rude for regularly closing the road with my ambulance when attending incidents in the road (at least once a week).
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                              This is actually a gripe about my coworkers. But I was actually called 'rude' for this.

I'm rude for closing chats after I get an answer instead of, you know, chit-chatting an extra few minutes while the tech is WAITING for his reg codes to work! God forbid I actually get on with my work!
                              I have coworkers like this. They interrupt me when they or I have a customer. They try to chat with me when I'm clearly trying to get in the door and clock in (visibly running late but they don't see that.) They clog up the breakroom/coat room/timeclock area talking about nothing important when some of us are trying to get our stuff settled or eat on our breaks so we can go back to work, which is what we're there for. In short, many of our employees see the store as a social club. It shows in their work, too.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm rude because we don't accept Apple/Samsung Pay. As if I decide what we can take as payment (if only...).

Comment

Working...
                                X