• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Only three words to best describe me, and I quote:

Stink. Stank. Stunk.
    *sniff*...that was beautiful.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You're a mean one, Mr. Irv
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why do I suddenly have Boris Karloff's voice stuck in my head?
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          There are worse things to have stuck in your head.

Comment

"Karloff is not fit enough to smell my SHIT!"

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
              Actually, it's not Boris Karloff who sings the song, it's Thurl Ravenscroft

Comment

Nobody had any clue this toy was going to be so popular. I certainly didn't.

Customers also don't know what our on-hands are. Just because it says "in stock" on our website doesn't mean it actually is, and I remind people of that if they ask.

As to why we were holding one-- I don't know but it's possible it's because somebody on the floor screwed up. He highly discourage telling people when trucks are coming, because no matter how much we weasel-word it, the customer interprets "There's a truck tomorrow night but we don't know if the thing you want is coming; call us the morning after to see if it came in" as "It's coming on tomorrow's truck. No doubt about it."
                We had a similar experience a couple years back, but with this knit women's poncho which for some reason, everyone and their mother had to have. It was fugly, and we referred to it as the "Yeti poncho" Our inventory showed we had one, but I'm guessing it was stolen. Didn't stop every store in the country, upon doing a search from calling us. Got to the point they didn't even have to say what the item was, just "i know its a long shot..." and I'd say "the poncho, nope, no have, sorry"

And as for things coming in, same thing. Yes, when items are en route, it shows in inventory, but.....just beacuse shipment comes on monday, does not mean we will be able to get it then. Shipment has to be checked in, every box opened, which can be 25+, and every article of clothing removed from plastic and either hung or folded. I used to tell people, its probably coming in our next shipment, which is Monday, but maybe wait a day or two, to make sure its all unpacked.
                Last edited by Catwoman2965; 11-10-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Did Numbnuts get hired to work the distribution center or something?
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth AngloSaxonViking View Post
                    Congratulations! You are now permittted to take your car to your local paint shop, and have them paint in, just below the driver window, 2 of the "I ruined Christmas" symbols. You know, like fighter pilots have for confirmed kills.

When you get up to 6, you can start calling yourself "Ace".
                    Actually, it's 5 confirmed kills to earn the title "Ace".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In looking up this toy, it seems other stores have it too, but we have an unusually good price--five to ten dollars lower than anyplace else.

Yeah, think we dropped the ball here. Ah well, more Christmases for me to ruin!
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                        I've already ruined several Thanksgivings by telling people that they couldn't use food stamps for pet food.
                        You can buy tuna, the cat won't mind.
                        Ah well, more Christmases for me to ruin!
                        That's the spirit
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                          I've already ruined several Thanksgivings by telling people that they couldn't use food stamps for pet food.
                          Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          You can buy tuna, the cat won't mind.
                          That's the spirit
                          Please don't. While cats enjoy small quantities of tuna as a tasty treat, a steady diet of tuna lacks certain essential nutrients (which, obviously, are added to cat food), and is VERY bad for them.

Other "animal/food" stereotypes: Carrots in large quantities are bad for rabbits (high sugar content - Warner Brothers left out the scenes where Bugs got out his glucometer and insulin), and cheese is bad for mice.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Customers also don't know what our on-hands are. Just because it says "in stock" on our website doesn't mean it actually is, and I remind people of that if they ask.
                            Had that problem with Bestbuy a few weeks back. Before I left the house I checked the website to ensure they had the item and it was "In Stock". Went to the store and they were all sold out on the shelves and had been for a few days. Aside from grumbling a bit about wasting the trip (and I have a BB gift card someone gave me that I have no idea when I'll find another item at a good price I want to get there); it didn't end up ruining Christmas!
                            Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

However for dogs you can get rice, ground meat, and frozen veggies. Mix into stew and dish out as needed
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Three!

Three ruined Christmases!

Ah ah ah.

Again over that stupid fucking Paw Patrol Bus.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X