Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I put my 2 weeks in at Awful-mart, everytime someone would say that (and it happened quite often in that short 2 week period), I would usually just say 'OK, see you tomorrow!'

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      According to that story L was banhammered. So why would he even be allowed back? Also, did he ever get nailed for the fraudulent 1040's he filed last year?
      L was banned...but that didn't stop him from trying I can't help but wonder if he was already banned at our competitors.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        L was banned...but that didn't stop him from trying I can't help but wonder if he was already banned at our competitors.
        You have to figure L tried this everywhere he could, trying to find a sucker helpful soul. And you have to figure the banhammer eventually fell everywhere else as well...

I'd have hoped the IRS would have nailed L but good...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          And you have to figure the banhammer eventually fell everywhere else as well...

I'd have hoped the IRS would have nailed L but good...
          Would the IRS have used the banhammer to nail him?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
            And Aria, I feel your pain with Rural types. The store was located in a blue-collar town that relied mainly on construction businesses for its economy. Some of my very old stories involve the "folks" who live around here and their antics. I am lucky enough now that I almost never have to deal directly with customers anymore. When I hear about the sucky ones, they are always someone else's problem.
            What's wrong with rural types??

I'm kinda-sorta rural...I don't think the town I live in has a small enough population to be considered "rural", but we are about half an hour/30 miles outside of a major metro. A lot of "blue collar", restaurant, and retail (grocery, big box) work around here.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              I think I know... If an area is isolated, there might be only one of a particular type of store. Like one hardware store, or one Mal-Wart type discount store, etc. So then people gripe at the employees of said stores that "when Mal-Wart comes to town I'm never shopping at Bullseye again!" That sort of thing. And if there isn't a population to support another large store, then it won't ever happen.

I very rarely get something similar. There aren't too many fabric stores left, and we are the biggest in town. The only other places are small quilt shops and I think Mal-Wart has fabric. Anyway, there are some who will basically say that they are forced to shop at our store, even though they hate it. Yeah, thanks so much for whining at me, because I really want to hear it. Also, I can totally make all the decisions about staffing and signage, which are the most common complaints. And when someone comes in already pissed off, then they can ruin other people's moods as well. So it's a fail all around.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

I'm kinda-sorta rural...I don't think the town I live in has a small enough population to be considered "rural", but we are about half an hour/30 miles outside of a major metro. A lot of "blue collar", restaurant, and retail (grocery, big box) work around here.
                Lol. "kinda-sorta rural" isn't rural. By rural I mean "spend more money on tires than you did on the truck, wipe your muddy work boots on the store carpet, think every stoplight is a race, get wide-eyed excited about the local corn maze, think your .357 is the solution to a traffic altercation, tie your dead deer to the hood and don't go straight home, racist, theocist, think Busch is the finest alcohol you didn't make yourself, white-hooded, rebel flag waving, destroy something and claim it's the manufacturer's fault, YEEHAW-screaming, bullshit to no shirt no service, government hating, tax evading, blood and mud covered camo wearing, coal-rolling, banjo stuck in the throat" type.

You are obviously not one of these.
                O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

...get wide-eyed excited about the local corn maze...
                  *raises hand* I get wide-eyed excited when the village down the road has the annual "Maize Maze". I like mazes. I'm also an accountant and would run screaming if someone suggested living out in the country, given my attachment to functioning broadband, 5 minute walks to get a pint of milk and a sewage network as opposed to a sewage tank.

Don't get me started on bugs (I love spiders, they kill other bugs) or rodents (cute, so long as they're not living in my walls and nibbling on my electrics).
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

think your .357 is the solution to a traffic altercation,
                    Must be one of the minority. 9mm Parabellum and .45 ACP are more popular. After all, at least 3/4 of North American drivers prefer automatics, and .357 Magnum is a REVOLVER cartridge.

Comment

You forgot, "Hey, HOLD MY BAER (Beer)," is always uttered when Bubba Sue has to prove Jimmy Jane is wrong about how to light the bonfire/fix the truck/gate/outhouse... seriously. I'm not as rural as I use to be, but still...
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        and .357 Magnum is a REVOLVER cartridge.
                        Yeah. Lol. There was some irony in my using that, since the .357 S&W is in my bedside drawer. Not a fan. I keep telling myself I'll sell it someday.

Raudf, yes, the "hey, y'all watch this" crowd.
                        O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Back in the Hut of Pizza Days (Before the White Man came and covered our land in asphalt and malls) we had a couple who came in who were...awful.

Mean. Petty. Spiteful.

It was a major victory to get one of my teenagers to burst into tears.

And nearly every time they would threaten, "We'll never come back!" when they didn't get their way over some petty point.

So one day, after telling me, "We're never coming back!" as I was throwing them out, they came back!

To give us the "chance" to "make things right" for them.

Well, "Heather" was not having that!

"YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T COMING BACK!" she shouted.

They tried fumfuhing some crap about "giving you a chan..."

"NO!" Heather stomped her foot, "DAMMIT! YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T COMING BACK!"

The look on their faces as they realized that we valued their absence above their money was sweet.

I liked Heather.
                          I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                            "NO!" Heather stomped her foot, "DAMMIT! YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T COMING BACK!"

The look on their faces as they realized that we valued their absence above their money was sweet.

I liked Heather.
                            So do I, and I've never even met her! Takes a lot of guts and chutzpah to tell a SC precisely what you think of them.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ever been tempted, when a store (especially if it's the whole chain) is going out of business, as you walk out with your purchases 5 minutes before closing time on the final day, to say "I'm never shopping here again!"?

Comment

I've had people do that on the phone. Then they call back half an hour later. I pretend I never talked to them in the first place, unless I'm feeling evil, then I'll remind them they called earlier. It's fun.

I had a manager once who told horrible people that "we don't need your business that bad."

My "favorite" thing is when callers tell me that "craigslist worked really well for me." My response to that is, "And yet you're placing an ad with us."
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X