This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kanalah View Post

Lady: Oh, it's so beautiful. How much are the quilts?
    Me: Thank you, all the quilts are $150 each.
    Lady: What size it it?
    Me: (Not thinking that I need to speak customerese now) It's 45" x 60".
    Lady: What is that, a queen or a king size?
    Me: No ma'am, it's a lap size, or it fits on a toddler bed.
    Lady: What the hell? For this piece of crap?
    Me: ???
    hmm 45" by 60"? thats bigger than my Nana Naptime Quilt and thats lap sized. 45" by 60" is basically twin bed sized.

Comment

My twin sizes are 60 to 72 inches wide by 85 to 90 inches long. >.<
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Focus on the blue ribbons, and the fact that your work is on Broadway!

Proud of you. And I have the quilt from you on my lap right now.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm always heartbroken by how your mom treats you, Kanalah.

Why'd the wall-swiping neighbors of yours figure that you had to do all their wall-clipping for them?

That nasty comment about your quilts...so mean. Your quilts are awesome; I'm sure of it.

*hugs you lots* <3
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Are you on a crafters web forum that your Mum doesn't use?
            If I were you I'd be looking for someone with a slightly different craft who would be interested in going halves on a stall with you, at least as a one-off, just to see what it's like.
            (I'm no crafter, but I've happily worked the weekend on a friend's stall, so she had back-up, someone to cover loo and meal breaks, and I really enjoyed it. Shattering, but an interesting and different weekend away.)

Comment

I'm with scruff. If I were closer (and preferably, healthier) I'd be happy to be your stall buddy. Even if I didn't have anything to sell, and was just there as your friend/saleswoman.

Payment in homemade cookies (or some equivalent) would be nice.

Seriously, the Big Craft Fair is going to have more spaces available next year, it looks like. So you'll be able to get your own stall if you want it - and ask around, including here.
              It's quite possible that someone here lives close enough to you to stall-buddy for you for nothing other than free entry to the big craft fair, and some favour from you. You stall-buddying for them, or a lap quilt like the one I have (squee), or the aforementioned homemade cookies....

You do deserve better, and look around. You'll find better.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

If I get into the local pop culture convention I have a friend that would love to spend the day with me.

For the craft shows, I have a lot of people who want to come in and talk to me about custom work, so I need someone I can trust to handle the money/cashier for the smaller things while I am otherwise occupied.

I am getting to be a little bit of a local celebrity
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I don't really have anything to add (that hasn't already been said above) other than this:
                  You have the patience of a saint!
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                  X