This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    on some airlines they charge you for the headphones.
    and some of those headphones are the weird air-type so you can't just plug your own set into the jack box.
    You can get the adapters for regular headphones. I've got one that I used for listening to the air traffic control station, if it was available. Kinda neat to hear your own flight being ordered about and passed over from tower to tower.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
      madonna can we hear this story?
      Seconded, I would like to hear it as well.
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        If Airline is on I will watch it. I love watching the SC's bitch at how awful the airline is for delaying the flight because of a bad thunderstorm or some other "Act of God." Yes, it can be frustrating but their is nothing the airline can do to control the weather. Or when they show up at the airport 10 minutes before the flight leaves and whine how awful the airline is.
        I got yelled at all weekend about the snow storm that hit parts of Michigan and northern Indiana.

You see, it was MY fault the snow hit and the airlines cancelled their flights and made it so they couldn't get to their important meeting until Monday afternoon.

Did ya'll know I'm God and have the power to control the weather?
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          If Airline is on I will watch it. I love watching the SC's bitch at how awful the airline is for delaying the flight because of a bad thunderstorm or some other "Act of God." Yes, it can be frustrating but their is nothing the airline can do to control the weather. Or when they show up at the airport 10 minutes before the flight leaves and whine how awful the airline is.
          On another flight a year later, coming back from Memphis, TN, we had a stopover in Atlanta, GA. When it was time to leave, a powerful storm hit, and we were delayed for about thirty minutes. I heard not one person complain about it, but I'm sure more people do this in the terminal than on the plane.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            If Airline is on I will watch it. I love watching the SC's bitch at how awful the airline is for delaying the flight because of a bad thunderstorm or some other "Act of God." Yes, it can be frustrating but their is nothing the airline can do to control the weather.
            I once was booked on a late night Southwest flight on December 23. Our city fogged in so badly that evening that all flights out of and into our airport had to be cancelled - much to the dismay of all the Christmas travelers. Of course all flights the next day already were over booked, so there was much consternation from the passengers trying to reschedule.

One guy decided to go around the waiting area of our gate and try to get a consensus of the passengers that we were willing to "risk it" and fly out anyway. There were about sixty people who actually raised their hands in support of his plan. When he approached the young woman at the counter and told her the flight HAD to take off because so many passengers were willing to take the risk, the woman just stared at him and all the people with their hands raised then asked if he was willing to put up the eight million or so it would cost to replace the airplane and the seventy million the families of the crash victims would want as settlements for their losses. She said if he and his supporters could produce the cash for that, she would consider taking his request to the pilot and crew to see if they would be willing to risk their lives and probably die so he could get to Dallas that night.

The guy finally shut up and sat down.
            Last edited by South Texan; 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

NWA story

Cyphr/Gabrielle Proctor

Full story now posted...

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=26110

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

It took them another half hour to get the plane finally de-iced. But, at least we weren't cooking alive.
                can someone tell me how it is cold enough that the plane needs to be de-iced yet hot enough that the cabin was roasting

oh and on the show airline and airlines we won't use... I will NEVER fly southwest because of the episode where they remove PAYING and RESERVED customers from the flight so that a group of military personnel, supposedly on orders, but no reservations... I'm sorry, I could give a crap if they are on orders or not, they don't have reservations on the flight and we aren't under martial law, they can wait for the next open seat.

that said, i've only had good experience with delta... never used delta though back east, so it could be different over there. american has also been pretty good.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  can someone tell me how it is cold enough that the plane needs to be de-iced yet hot enough that the cabin was roasting
                  It doesn't matter how cold the outside of the plane is when you've got a large number of people sitting in a well-insulated room with no air movement slowly heating it to about 98.6 degrees and also depleting oxygen levels.

As for airlines, I've never had a problem with any of my flights, which have been on Delta, Southwest, and a couple of others I can't recall the names of. American, however, has outrageous prices, comparatively, and charge way too much for things other airlines do for free. My old boss wouldn't fly with them, either, due to an incident he had.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

hey i thought mission to mars was a decent movie is it epic or awesome not really but its entertaining in the same way dantes peak is - its so bad its good

Comment

Continental was once involved in epic fail. When my grandfather was alive, he would fly down to Clearwater FL every winter for a few weeks (to get away from my grandmother) and mom and I would fly down for a week as well when he was there.

Continental flight from Boston to Tampa. Mom and I were sitting over/behind the wing so I could watch the luggage (important later). Our suitcase at the time was a HUGE rigid plastic Samsonite with a wide rainbow strap around it. Pretty distinctive and I know it's the only suitcase of that kind on the plane.

Stopover in Greensboro NC for a bit, passengers deplane and more get on. I'm watching the luggage offload and suddenly see our bag. Mom calls a flight attendant and tells her that we're going to Tampa and our suitcase was just offloaded by mistake.

What she was told was something along the lines of "how do you know that's your bag, be quiet and sit down" (um, we should hope we know what our luggage looks like!)

We get to Tampa...surprise, no luggage and as we suspected/saw, it was offloaded in Greensboro. We get to wait 4 hours for the next flight to come in (Continental did give us some food vouchers as it was dinnertime and mom had a cranky kid in tow). When the plane arrived...our suitcase was the only one of its type on the belt. That was pretty much the end of flying with them...I've heard of luggage being misrouted, but when the passenger sees their bag being offloaded at the wrong destination?!

My dad liked to used to book me flights through Priceline. Annoyed mom no end as I would either be leaving Boston at some obscene hour (this was before the security theater, so we only had to arrive an hour before but it was still way too early) or arrive in Boston incredibly late due to the timezone change. That was also when I got stranded in Atlanta overnight (that was fun, I was a hair too young at the time to book a hotel room myself so it involved a "relay"/conference call between the airport hotel, my mom and a very helpful Delta employee).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                        hey i thought mission to mars was a decent movie is it epic or awesome not really but its entertaining in the same way dantes peak is - its so bad its good
                        any movie with gary sinise is a good movie as far as I'm concerned... same thing goes for pierce brosnan... so yeah, I like both of those movies

and in defense of mission to mars, yeah it wasn't the most exciting of movies, but at least they tried to make it somewhat of a plausible storyline (the ships are realistic, the time periods are realistic, it's not unreasonable to assume that someone could survive if they had a greenhouse producing food and oxygen, etc)
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Actually, as a 20 year veteran of the travel/airline industry, I can say unequivocally that Southwest is the best airline for service issues, IMHO.

I live in a Delta hub city, so the prices out of Cincy are outrageous, because they know they can get them. When I go anywhere, I usually drive to Indianapolis or Louisville and fly Southwest. I think the main reason I like them is because, from an travel agent standpoint, they go out of their way to help us out if there is a mistake made or a passenger is stranded. YMMV.

The absolute WORST airline in my experience, especially the past couple of years, is US Air. I can't remember the last time I've called them on a customers behalf that I didn't hang up the phone absolutely FUMING mad.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

um, I love "Mission to Mars" and thought it was a great movie. But I've had my fair share of sucktacular trips on airplanes...

Years ago I had a long distance boyfriend and, for some unknown reason, several times a year he would fly me out to his house in TX from my home in NC. The plane (continental, always) would be hours late (constantly) or leave the terminal early (by half an hour once! Me and another guy had to chase down the stupid plane!) and the tv channel was always on an episode of "Friends" that was at least three years old that even I'd already seen (I hate that sow so I don't watch it).

I think the last time I was on a plane, it was with my brother. Can't remember why.... must have been a convention. He got mad at me because I was clueless as to how to get two seats together (we figured it out on the return flight). At least he didn't have to sit next to a fussy baby like I did!
                            Last edited by Evil Queen; 03-30-2008, 11:22 PM.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
                              Charging for the movies depends on the airline and the length of the flight. I've been on flights where they charged for the headphones, and I've been on a 16 hour flight to Singapore where each seat had its own tv with 20 channels running nonstop, all for free.
                              Our flight from Newark to Gatwick was the same way. Had a bunch of channels that you could watch. Since it was an overnight flight, watched "Da Vinci Code" while eating dinner and then slept....after I could get the lady from our group in the seat next to me to turn off her light!

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              Continental was once involved in epic fail.

Stopover in Greensboro NC for a bit, passengers deplane and more get on. I'm watching the luggage offload and suddenly see our bag. Mom calls a flight attendant and tells her that we're going to Tampa and our suitcase was just offloaded by mistake.

We get to Tampa...surprise, no luggage and as we suspected/saw, it was offloaded in Greensboro.
                              Something kind of like that happened to us and it was Continental, too! When we picked up our luggage at Gatwick, my mom's was the only suitcase that didn't arrive. They finally found it and got it to our hotel 3 days later. Must have been on quite a tour, too, had grass all over it.

That was really the only complaint we had with them. Well, that and determining to use a regular, not wide body, plane for the flight from Dublin to Newark. After 13 hours (Dublin to ABQ works out to @13 hrs) in an airplane with no leg room and long legs....my knees haven't been the same since.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Actually, as a 20 year veteran of the travel/airline industry, I can say unequivocally that Southwest is the best airline for service issues, IMHO.(
                              I love Southwest, too. Most of my flying has been with them. (The last time was into Love Field, which, when landing at night, feels like you're going to land on the freeway!) If Southwest flew international flights, I would definitely be flying with them when I go to Scotland next year.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In my experience, films and booze are free on all international flights, no matter what class you travel in.... On domestic flights, soft drinks, water etc is free, booze costs extra.. In the US movies (well headphones) on domestic flights cost money, but in Australia they are free... I haven't flown domestically in any other country so cannot comment..

But yeah, I have been spoiled now by my international travels with free black label Jim Beam and individual movies and games right in my seat! I hate having to watch movies now when there are only screens in the aisles etc....
                                "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Working...
                                X