This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper
    But hey, what do I know. I’m one of those people who before I leave for work go "Showered? Check. Brushed teeth? Check. Got my keys? check. Don't look like Hitler? Check."
    OMG. Best. Quote. EVER.

Comment

Don't forget, Charlie Chaplin had the same facial hair that Hitler did.

And I once went more than halfway through the morning with my shirt inside out & no one said ANYTHING. Bonus points: it was a polo with embroidery so the interfacing/reinforcement was plainly visible. You didn't even need to see the seams to notice something amiss. And still, no one said anything to me.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Hitler copied Charlie Chaplin's mustache because he was an international star at the time, and Hitler wanted to have people associate the two of them.

I don't think Chaplin really appreciated it.
        "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Find:

Actually, I heard it had to do with the design of Gas masks in Germany when he was in the army.

If Hitler hadnt had to wear a gas mask, he would'v had the classic Handlebar Moustache. He apparently was very upset he had to shave his handlebar off to fit a gas mask.

Btw Gravekeeper, thanks for making me giggle halfway through my greeting on the phone. I had just got to the Mountain Goat one when " Good evening, We*snerkggiggle* Uhm, sorry. Tunafish computers! *giggle*"
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Hmm, that certainly seems plausible. I read my version of the story in a Chaplin biography, but it could very easily have been a quick little quote to demonstrate how influential he was. At any rate, Chaplin had the mustache first, and it's really too bad that history remembers that specific mustache as the Hitler 'stache as opposed to the Chaplin 'stache.
            "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

OT : If it was a Chaplin biography, perhaps Chaplin thought that Hitler was trying to do that?
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I bet that was it. Chaplin was ever so slightly self-centered.

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
                  I bet that was it. Chaplin was ever so slightly self-centered.
                  Slightly? Any more self-centered, and we'd have to rewrite the astronomy texts.

He was a brilliant performer, though.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    Meh. -.-

Mein Furher

As I was waiting for my Skytrain this evening a voice called out to me from behind:

“Hey, sir! Do you smoke?!”. I turned around to negatively answer this inquiry….

….annnd there was Hitler.

I don’t know why Hitler was asking if I smoke. I presume Hitler either wanted to bum a smoke or needed a lighter for an existing cigarette, cigar or crackpipe. I’d also presume that if you looked in the mirror, and saw Hitler, you’d shave or at least consider a different style of moustache.

But hey, what do I know. I’m one of those people who before I leave for work go "Showered? Check. Brushed teeth? Check. Got my keys? check. Don't look like Hitler? Check."

ok, so I got an email of motivational posters... and there is a poster with the guy gravekeeper saw (complete with cig)

If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I think my BF thinks I'm crazy. I was supressing giggles throughout most of your post GK. Nicely done. As usual.
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

With No Apologies to Chicago
                        <snip>
                        Also, your hockey team sucks.
                        There's a reason I, as someone who was born and raised in the Chicagoland area as a Bears/Bulls/Cubs fan, am a Detroit Red Wings fan. And it has alot to do with what you just said up there.

Mein Furher
                        <snip> I’d also presume that if you looked in the mirror, and saw Hitler, you’d shave or at least consider a different style of moustache.

Oh....my....gosh......I literally just laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. At my desk. Covering my face with my hands so my coworkers wouldn't look at me too strangely. Wow.
                        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                        X