This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    I went to the store to grab a case of soda... and didn't grab a cart to put it in... and got as far as the check out lane when the whole thing ripped and went crashing to the ground.
    Hey Juwl, next time you see the soda truck at the grocery store, just ask the driver if you can buy one of the plastic flats from him. That;s what I did; I currently own two of the flat bottomed ones and four of the ones that hold six 2 liter bottles. They didn't cost a lot; maybe $10 each? Anyways, you can spraypaint your name into the side and if the cashier asks, you can show them your side and your ID. I've had that problem only once and she thought it was cool.

Sometimes the grocery store will sell you the flats too, but that's rare. The most common flats in teh grocery store is the heavy duty cardboard ones for the sixpack cans of sodas,

If you have a hard time finding them, let me know. I'll bet ya anything my local Food Town would sell them to me and I could probably ship ya a couple.
    Last edited by Ree; 04-13-2008, 12:12 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      next time you see the soda truck at the grocery store, just ask the driver if you can buy one of the plastic flats from him.
      There, see that's a dandy idea. I have a couple that holds the 20-oz soda bottles sitting n the back of my car. We, as a family, had bought some off a guy who was selling the absolute BEST super-cheap-soda out of a truck and he gave to us for about 2$ a piece. They stack nicely and really convenient to buy the bigger 2-liter bottles and then have someplace to store them, since they stack even with the bottles in them.

Oh! I believe that most Dollar Generals will sell you the ones they stack their pepsi products in for 5$ each.
      Last edited by Ree; 04-13-2008, 12:13 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

RetailWorkhorse: Do you remember where the $2 guy was because I don't.

I'm stopping by FoodTown today so I'll see if I can get some more. A couple of mine have mysteriously disappeared. (looks at roommates with the evil eye that fails miserably)
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          So do I. Kinda.

"Gi-bluuurrrrghgggghhhhhh....*drool....were da dipinds? Were da madamooshul? Don crush muh nan nans. Pud in sprate bag."
          Dude, I think we left crazy-ass country and entered the province of lolcats.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
            Dude, I think we left crazy-ass country and entered the province of lolcats.

Like this?
            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Just don't try to buy milk crates, at least not in Texas. It's illegal for an individual to own any.

I wonder how many college students have shelves made out of milk crates and plywood planks? I know I did!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I know it's illegal to steal milk crates from establishments, but I didn't think it was illegal to buy them from the company that makes them.

Any milk crate with "DO NOT STEAL THIS YADDA YADDA YADDA PROSECUTED" on it is, of course, unwise to own, but if I were to buy a crate from Hood or some other major company I thought that would be legit. You can't even own them in Texas? They make some specifically for students and sell them at the UStore here on campus up in Massachusetts! Too convenient (and cheap!) not to do so.
                "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  Actually yes. Most law enforcement agencies provide a certification for dealing with the crazies... I hear it's really cool cuz they have some virtual reality type dealio that shows you exactly what it's like to schizophrenic, for example...
                  and yet I bet their craziest sim is saner that that woman... and isn't nanas what babies say when talking about grandmothers or bananas?
                  http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

You see, the problem is, in some languages in computer programming, NaN is an object that means Not A Number, and is used for errors when you process something that is not a number as a number.....

And when I read the story all I could think was "what the hell are you talking about? she IS a number allright, quite a number indeed"
                    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Good thing she wasn't worried about her potatos. She'd be screaming about you crushing her Ta-Tas. lol!!!
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                        Man, that'd be awesome... it'd make role-playing a character with derangement a lot easier (yes, I am a huge geek) :P

Glad to know I was not the only one who had that thought.

On topic however, during my stint as a grocery slave, I too learned how to speak babbling idiot, crazy old people, stupid, and their many dialects. Speaking of which, as I type this I have recieved one of the more fluent speakers on the line. Must cut this short and get back to work.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          Also, does anyone know why dented cans are evil? Swelling cans I understand, but why do people object to dented ones?
                          Canned food remains good so long as the can interior is completely airtight. The same accident that dented the can could have caused damage to the can's seams. Or the dent itself may actually contain a pinhole (or larger) puncture. Or the dent can introduce the opportunity for rust (damage to a rust-proof coating, perhaps), which, of course, can compromise the can's airtightness.

So long as the dent hasn't compromised the can, it's perfectly safe to use and eat the food inside. But if the label is concealing the extent of the dent, there's no way I'm buying that can. (Well, unless I'm the one who dented it. Then it's my fault.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Danjo View Post
                            Old Lady: WUH’S MA NAN NANS!?
                            Na-na-na-na na-na-na-na he-a-a-a-y goodbye!

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            Canned food remains good so long as the can interior is completely airtight. The same accident that dented the can could have caused damage to the can's seams. <snip>
                            Yeah, what she said!
                            Last edited by Ree; 04-13-2008, 12:16 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              There, see that's a dandy idea. I have a couple that holds the 20-oz soda bottles sitting n the back of my car.
                              I buy my 20ozers in cases and they juse let me take the flat with me. When I come in for more I just bring them back. The new ones are made in such a way as to be useless for anyting else so I guess they don't worry about theft.
                              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                                Good thing she wasn't worried about her potatos. She'd be screaming about you crushing her Ta-Tas. lol!!!
                                OMG... i almost violated rule #1

though I must confess... my worst damaging merchandise stories are from when I worked at longs... and that was damage I caused (i knocked over a stack of beer cases in the stock room... destroyed like 9 6 packs worth) my other was restocking 2 litre soda bottles... I had several pallets loaded on a flatbed cart and 3 of the pallets fell off... i'm so surprised they didn't eventually fire me I broke so much stuff...
                                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                                X