Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And I want a pony for christmas YOUR POINT?(LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would die a much happier person if, just once in my life, I could really tell off some SC.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I have had several people phone up where I work and ask to speak to the Director of Operations (the boss's boss's boss basically, but his name is on the automated letters).
      I have to calmly explain that he doesn't work at our office (read: call centre) and ask how I can help.

I have never even seen the guy, he works miles away and visits very occasionally. If they are insistent then I have to explain that they only have his name as the computer puts it on the letter, he hasn't sat and signed all the letters (and it is an obvious print of the signature). Nothing that he would be able to do for them anyway.

Comment

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
        SC: Transfer me! (God Dammit)
        Me: I'm Sorry I don't have that ability... I can give you the number or I can take your name and number and pass your details on to John Smith if you would prefer
        SC: JUST FARKING TRANSFER ME OK FAAAAARK (OK That's enough I've had it)
        Me: Sir, I understand your are upset but please do not use language like that with me. I am trying to help you. Now would you like the number for John Smith?

I HATE when people need to call another outside number and both want to be and expect to be transferred there. It's one thing to transfer intracompany, it's another to transfer someone to a completely different area code or company.

It's worse when they're calling the wrong company, are informed that they are calling the wrong company, but you are able to offer them the correct companies phone number, and they refuse the number, because they want to be transferred.

How about No? That way they won't continiously call the wrong company to get transferred to the correct company, but will now in fact have the correct number and the correct company to begin with.

Some people's stupidity is only dwarfed by their laziness.
        Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Your brain to mouth filter may have failed, but I sure do think your reply was made of win.
          Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

Comment

I do feel bad for them...but even *I* don't demand to be transfered to someplace unless I know they can do it.

Couple of weeks ago I was at work and hadn't had dinner yet. there is a place I always order from but don't deliver to where I was working that night. HOWEVER i did know they had a closer store just up the street from where I was. Since I couldn't find the number to that store up the road I called the nearer my house and politely explained that I needed to place an order but needed the number to the one on my side of town and didn't have thier number. The person who answered the phone was really nice, and gave the number and told me when they stopped delivering out of that store. ^_^ Kudo points to good customer service!
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Though I rarely get negative correspondence over the phone (Most customers are within a 4 Mile radius of the store and will just make their way to the store if they want to bitch, and aren't afraid of been seen) occasionally we will get people swearing over the phone for whatever reason. They get one warning, and one only. If they swear once, they're warned. They swear again afterwards, We will pretty much respond with "Okay Then, Goodbye", and hang up. If they call back (Caller ID helps us with this), we start not even with a greeting but with another warning that if they swear again during the conversation that the phone will be put down.

Thankfully I've only had to stop myself from losing my composure once or twice, both times were customers attempting to weasel money/goods out of us through blackmail or through false information (mentioned one on here before, the "A refund isn't good enough" customer).
              - Boochan

Comment

I don't think anybody would have any right to be upset about what you said to him after the names he was calling you. You had every right to just hang up.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If you did get in trouble I'd reconsider your career path with that company.

Way to Go!
                  Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

And then Monday's Unshelved comic made me think of this thread. (www.unshelved.com)
                    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                    X