This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tee View Post
    Note: Most of our customers are female, and between the ages of 30 and 60. I am neither ageist or sexist, this is just how it is. We also seem to get more minorities than any other race. I am not racist; this is just how it is (And the area our store is in). I say this so I can try and differentiate between people by describing them based on things other than cloths, attitude, and various expletives.
    I'm all for venting. I'm even ok for people describing race, when its needed. However, none of the stories really warrent the disclaimer.

Its just typically best to say Customer, (SC works best alot ). But stupidity is in all people, so unless it's really a requirment, (Which is rare), no need to put the I get alot of minorities, and thus is why telling the story.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

You can keep the mint ones. All flavored condoms taste like crap anyway (and yes, if you must know, I have tried them all---no they weren't "applied" to anything at the time). Given there are a couple of palatable ones, but still......

(Dear God, Becky, WHY do you have all these condoms!!??)
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I'm all for venting. I'm even ok for people describing race, when its needed. However, none of the stories really warrent the disclaimer.

Its just typically best to say Customer, (SC works best alot ). But stupidity is in all people, so unless it's really a requirment, (Which is rare), no need to put the I get alot of minorities, and thus is why telling the story.
        In all honesty, I have pages and pages of stories and such that I will/will not be posting. That was from one section along with the first story on the list while the others were randomly scattered around. The following ones did include a few minority stories and mentions, but I hadn't finished them/didn't want to post them. Copy paste is your friend, when you pay attention XD

/fixed
        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

if someone feels embarrassed to ask for condoms then maybe they shouldn't be having sex to begin with.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
            You can keep the mint ones. All flavored condoms taste like crap anyway (and yes, if you must know, I have tried them all---no they weren't "applied" to anything at the time). Given there are a couple of palatable ones, but still......

While the flavored condoms can be kinda gross (and usually not safe for sex anyway) I use the Jo water based flavoured lube (Rasberry sorbet yum! ) when I need to "improve" the "flavor" of "something"

Comment

I'm scared of all the dollar stores around here.

The one next door to the grocery store I used to work at attracted the "bag ladies" and the really crazy people.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                I have my reasons. Partly for the younguns I work with and partly for shock value.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                  Where I live was a predominately Asian community (Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, but almost entirely Japanese) till the WW2 camps bit o' stupidity. We're close (By close I mean jutting into) another city with a predominantly Black and Mexican section right next to our city, and our city has numerous scattered housing developments that house people of all races, but most of our cities whites live there, the rest live in an area that just defies all logic and someone manages to be our own little hicks-ville (Reminds me of where i grew up :P) Due to our positioning in relation to the other Dollar trees in our districts, most of the whites go to a nearby store, and we get what would mostly be considered "Minorities" by those who get elected to make such generalizations.

If you mean "We get more non-white than white people", just say so.

But then doesn't that make white people the minority?

Please pay attention to detail. Sorry to be the politically-correct police of the hour.
                  I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

In our store, yes it does.

We get more non-white than white people
                    I'm used to being considered racist for that.

But then doesn't that make white people the minority?
                    I HAVE been called racist for a statement like that -_-
                    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                    X