Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's bukkake of furniture suck (as usual it's long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's bukkake of furniture suck (as usual it's long)

Amazing how one enormous sales weekend can jack up a furniture department:

Furniture Fucktardery

As I always do on Mondays, I counted all the furniture in the backroom and checked the pulltags for every item to ensure the quantities matched up. When I finished counting the backroom, I went back and checked on all the items on the furniture report that showed on-hand quantities of 0 or 1 (meaning the display was all that was left)

I had 16 such items on the report. We absolutely got slammed this weekend and ran out of lots of items.
    Of these 14 items still showed backstock locations.

This means that if somebody went to the service desk to get a raincheck on an out-of-stock item, the computer system would show we still had the item in stock. Then the service desk would call somebody, probably Yours Truly, to go on a wild goose chase for the item, which was not in the backroom.

Apparently the excuse people have for not deleting backstock locations is that they are "too busy" to do it. That's a big steaming pantload right there. To delete a location, you hit two buttons on the scanner. That takes what, 5 seconds?

Furniture Frustration

And then when the people doing carryouts actually do delete locations, they delete items we still have in backstock!

Case in point: Along with my furniture report there was a raincheck for a patio set (This in itself is a Neddy No-No because patio furniture is seasonal and we can't guarantee we will be able to get it in again). The attached note said there was no backstock location but the computer system showed we had 4 on hand, so could you please check to make sure we really don't have the patio set in stock? Kthnxbai.

I go to the patio furniture backstock to find the patio sets in question, not hidden at all. They were very hard to miss.

Guess who was doing most of the carryouts this weekend? Numbnuts.

Which is defective: the furniture or my co-workers?

Attention warm salesfloor and carryout bodies!

If you bring an item to the defective area, it needs to have a defective tag on it, so we know it's defective and not to sell it. Today I counted 5 items placed in defectives without the appropriate tags. All you need to do is go to the service desk who will fill out the tag with all the pertinent information.

This screws up my counts every week because I do go through the defective area and count the items there, because defective items still show up in on-hands until they leave the store. So if I come up short on an item, I know that's because it is in the defective area.

Failure to abide by this will result in numerous gripes, whines, lectures, and awards such as my foot in your poop chute and my scanner in your nostril.

Tootsie Rolls and Teddy Bears,
    Irv

Whose Lamp is it Anyway?

Last Friday I took this outside call:

Me: Furniture department, how can I help you?
    Caller: This is Blah from the Shithole store. I have a customer looking for some lamps and the scanner says you have 4 of them on hand. (gives me the SKU which I punch into my scanner)
    Me: Yes, we have 2 on the shelf and 2 in backstock.
    Caller: Great! Can you hold 3 of them for a customer who I'll have come up to your store right away?
    Me: Sure, they'll be at the service desk then.
    Caller: Thanks! Bye.

Guess what I find behind the service desk this morning? The three lamps I held for the non-existent customer from the Shithole store, representing our entire stock of that particular lamp. As usual, they never showed up

Wherein Numbnuts gets lobbed under the bus

Took this outside call today:
    Me: Furniture department, how can I help you?
    Caller: I bought a TV stand from you yesterday, and when the guy brought it out for me the box was damaged. I asked him if it had been returned or damaged and he told me it wasn't. Now I have the thing half put together and I'm missing some screws and I have damaged parts.
    Me: Okay, in your instruction manual there should be an 800-number for the manufacturer you can call. They will ship the parts you need overnight.
    Caller: Oh, so you won't stand behind your product?

Personally, I wouldn't. It's fucking industrial plant waste with a veneer attached. But that is neither here nor there

Me: Okay, then just return the damaged pieces to the store and we'll have somebody dig out the parts you need from a different one.
    Caller: Thanks. I'll be there shortly.

Numbnuts was the one who ended up getting paged to help the customer when he arrived with his broken parts. So he oozed up to me and tried to get me to do his job for him:

NN: Did you take a furniture call?
    Me: Is this the person with the damaged parts for a TV stand?
    NN: Yes. You said we'd open up a new one and give him parts form that.
    Me: Yes. Please do that now.
    NN: But he's supposed to call the 800-number!
    Me: I told him that. It may surprise you to learn he didn't like that option.
    NN: Well then you should do it!
    Me: You're on furniture carryouts today. Not me. And my shift's over now, so you're just going to have to put on your big boy BVDs and deal. (walks out of the stockroom to make the trek to the breakroom and punch out)

So how's your day?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Me: You're on furniture carryouts today. Not me. And my shift's over now, so you're just going to have to put on your big boy BVDs and deal. (walks out of the stockroom to make the trek to the breakroom and punch out)

PLEASE tell me you actually said that to him!
    Last edited by Crazeyal; 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Why yes. Yes I did.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Guess what I find behind the service desk this morning? The three lamps I held for the non-existent customer from the Shithole store, representing our entire stock of that particular lamp. As usual, they never showed up
        They never show up. Ever.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Why yes. Yes I did.
          Irv, you r0xx0rs my b0xx0rs.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Failure to abide by this will result in numerous gripes, whines, lectures, and awards such as my foot in your poop chute and my scanner in your nostril.
            be sure to post the film on youtube; your fans are waiting!

Me: You're on furniture carryouts today. Not me. And my shift's over now, so you're just going to have to put on your big boy BVDs and deal.
            something tells me you did say this; i'd love a youtube of that, as well.

ahh, the workplace; without it, we'd all be thoroughly sane, and what fun would that be?
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Get this most days of the week. Surprisingly I'd say a majority show up, but thats because the store that redirects them is a mile away (Its of a different brand, selling different stuff but we share a lot of lines still), and they don't need to travel very far. The problem with this though, is the fact that they are of a different brand, and have a different catalogue, neither which is told to the customer by most of the people working there. People are unaware of a link, and look for that brand store in my mall, before coming to mine and asking where [store] is. We then have to hammer it into them/presume that they were the people from the hold, and explain the whole brand difference thing to them.

We have many other stores that do this, and the people never do come, or arrive and they want something completely different, leading us to get the blame for the genuinely crappy service offered by other locations.
              - Boochan

Comment

Hey! The title alone caused me to break Rule # 1! I just gave my computer a bukkake of coffee!

Comment

Apparently the excuse people have for not deleting backstock locations is that they are "too busy" to do it. That's a big steaming pantload right there. To delete a location, you hit two buttons on the scanner. That takes what, 5 seconds?
                  That's a huge pet peeve of mine. Co-workers who believe that saving 5 seconds of their time is worth wasting 10 minutes of yours.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    Irv, you r0xx0rs my b0xx0rs.
                    I'm sorry, lol...

I'm awful.

The title has bukkake in it, and you say such a thing XD

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      That's a huge pet peeve of mine. Co-workers who believe that saving 5 seconds of their time is worth wasting 10 minutes of yours.
                      Oh, yeah. That's one of my major peeves.

Only I get to let my co-workers hear all about how they're wasting my time with their laziness.

I'm not very politic at work.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X