Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs* I'm not exactly a looker myself and it doesn't have to play a part.

I have several friends - a few of them falling in the 8/9 out of 10 on looks level - who really cannot find a decent relationship and are depressed and stressed over it.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Joi, this may totally sound weird...but...I love your new avatar. Just...how beautiful you are. Sorry I went off topic, just wanted to put that out there.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging comments, all.

I don't think I'm looking for a relationship at the moment. Or, really, ever, because I'm just kind of tired of hoping and waiting and getting let down time after time. Ugh.

For those who wondered if I was actually letting guys know I was interested: the times I tried that resulted in said guys never speaking to me again (granted, this was jr high and high school, by college I'd learned not to do that). Once I was lucky enough to get the "let's just be friends" line from a guy (who later turned out to be gay, though he had girlfriends all through high school. We remain good friends and I'm glad he was at least honest with me.)

Mostly, I just wanted to vent a little. This is a secret shame of mine that I *never* talk about, and it felt good to let it go a little. Thank you for listening!
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Well, Joi, if your avatar picture is you, I'd say you're a very pretty woman.

I'm also in the single club. I've had the most horrible luck with dating, but I keep trying (not so much at the moment because of working too much).

I wish you the best.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I don't see it as shameful. It is what it is. It shouldn't be tied to your self worth.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm single and not looking to changing it but I think you are beautiful.
              You have great hair and have a kind face, two things I have always been attracted to. You are bright and have creative talent.
              If nobody are interested it's their loss, I doubt singleness is a permanent condition if you want it to change.

Comment

Working...
              X