This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tearing my hair out (school rant)

So this semester, I'm taking a graduate level course called "Integrating Technology in Teaching & Learning". Required course, completely online, so a good class to take for those of us working full time retail hours...oh wait, that's just me >.<

Anyway. I'm about to tear my hair out!

The instructor apparently has decided that we're going to look at all the new fads in technology...so my first assignment was a GLOG. Interactive posters. Called Glogs.

Oh and later in the semester we're going to be making a Voki, a Prezi, and use Movie Maker! I swear, it's like he threw darts at a dartboard. (Honestly though, the only thing of the three I really dislike is the Voki. Movie Maker just annoys me because of issues on my previous comp with it.)

On top of that, I had to write a lesson plan using technology, on which the only points I got knocked off for were for not including my phone number on the form (which was downloaded from an educational tech wiki that wants you to re-upload the completed form for others to look at so why are we including phone numbers??), for not giving a specific time frame (not teaching), and I would've lost another point but the prof was being lenient since I'm not in a school, but I still should've put something there (I did. I put N/A).

Now, I would've understood a bit more about wanting my phone number if it weren't for the fact that the prof has already asked for an alternate e-mail, preferring Gmail accounts because he wants to use Google docs, Skype name (for possible chats), and lists Adobe Connect as another tool he'd like to use.

So not only is my phone number kind of irrelevant with the number of options he has to connect to me (the online learning program, school e-mail, personal e-mail, and Skype), now that he's shared our personal e-mails with each other (I knew he was going to do that), I'm now getting bombarded with invites to join Google+. Including from the prof so he can use some video chat function that it has.

Anybody else dealing with profs who are driving you batty?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

tell him you don't have a phone number.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

wow education has changed a bit since I was in school.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Not sure about the school where prof is located, but at my uni, student emails cannot be shared with other students in the class unless the students give express permission for them to be used in that manner.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
        X