Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take your time, get all the rest you need. We want you to heal thoroughly.

I do hope that idiot driver was arrested?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nail her to the wall, not out of revenge, but because you shouldn't be responsible for any of the costs, and so she never does this again.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Uninsured, unlicensed, and assault with a deadly weapon. Her ass belongs in jail, her assets belong in your pocket.

But glad it's no worse than it is.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Monday was my 2 week followup at the Dr's. X-rays and listening to my chest show that my ribs are healing and have not threatened my lungs. It's still painful to cough, hiccup, sneeze, or lay down wrong (on my right side at all), but I don't need anything more than OTC pain meds at the moment. My road rash is healing.

I've been back to work for about a week. I'm under a weight restriction of 25 lbs lifting. Only problem with that? I work at an appliance store doing TV/Appliance repair and delivery, so I feel like a dairy cow at a soymilk factory. So far bossman's been understanding, and I try and do as much as I can, but its going to be a while until I'm throwing fridges around like I used to.

I live in a no-fault state, so my car insurance's Uninsured Driver and PIP rider should be picking up the tab (I just called them Monday, waiting to hear back). If they find a way out, I still have the recourse of suing the girl who ran me over for whatever my personal medical insurance won't cover.

If I don't have to that, well, I'm happy if she pays her fines (She's looking at a couple grand for no license, registration or insurance, care required and running the sign) goes legit, and 'goes forth and sins no more.' But, we'll see what bureaucracy has to say about that.

Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. I'm healing fast, and really just want to put this whole incident behind me in the 'guess what almost killed me' section of anecdotes.
          πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

Holy shit! So glad you are okay. Well, mostly okay. Still alive and on the road to recovery!

I'm guessing your insurance will likely take her to court to collect from her if they're covering your tab. They should handle all that on your behalf, though. If your insurance is covering your medical, be sure to let them know about any lost wages, too.

I hope she learned her lesson, but I'm also cynical. The guy who hit me had a DUI prior, and a few months ago I saw where he was arrested for driving while license suspended and violating probation (and I know where he works and lives...he's within walking distance of work, groceries, and even the bar, and is also close to major bus routes, so no valid excuses). Some people don't learn. Maybe the person who hit you will.

Just remember that you deserve proper compensation for medical expenses, wages, meds, rehab, etc. You don't have to try and sue for thousands for "emotional distress" or whatever if you don't feel you need to, but don't sell yourself short, either. She hit you and it's her responsibility to fix you, whether directly or with your insurance as an intermediary.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Wow I'm glad you're okay!

Comment

Agreed with the above; make sure you record (and get your boss/management to record) any wages/time off you need to take because of this accident so you can claim them too. Since your job involves heavy lifting and the accident put you under a weight limit, it might be better to just get more time off then to try and have light work. Though check wiht your insurance company, work and/or lawyer to see if that might be possible (especially considering you've already gone back)

Comment

Working...
                X