X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight pet peeve

was just reminded of this, but didn't want to thread jack

i know sometimes SCs don't read signs, but i do try to pay attention. if i don't, then i'll own up to it at least.

but... debit/credit card swipers at stores... each one is different and yeah sometimes i mess up by swiping too early.

but when i'm reading the display, please don't press "OK" for me. I'm the only one who should be authorizing the use of my card for the transaction.

and sometimes i wonder... technically if someone else presses the "OK" button, is it still a valid transaction? i mean sure if i accept it, but technically couldn't i say "i changed my mind but he/she hit the OK button before I could cancel out"

anyway i like to hit my own buttons.

Oh my Goddess, I wish that those damn things were standardized!

I don't blame you for wanting to push your own buttons, though. That's a wee bit sucky and impatient on the cashier's part. Which then pushes your other buttons!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

*raises hand* I admit, I'm guilty of doing that sometimes...

But when I say "Sign and press accept, please" and the customer signs, puts the pen down, and then stands there looking at me like -I'M- the idiot...
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post

But when I say "Sign and press accept, please" and the customer signs, puts the pen down, and then stands there looking at me like -I'M- the idiot...
        Ditto for me. When I was cashiering, I would point out the location of certain buttons first, so the customer could push them. I only did it for them when they did things like the above.

I agree wholeheartedly that pinpads should be standardized. It's always a challenge figuring out how each one works when it's your first time encountering that model.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

A grocery store I go to just changed their pinpad so when you run your card there are selections on the screen, but credit and debit have their own dedicated buttons on the pad itself. Its terribly confusing because I keep looking for debit on the screen

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post

I guess they figured you liked pressing buttons so they were expecting you do it for them again.

Comment

Working...
            X