X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *blinks* WHAT?! *confused*

Um. Ok.

I just looked up to see a group of "models" treating Large Ghetto Street like a runway.

They even have a photographer.

Oh, look. They almost got hit by a car.

Oh look. They're being yelled at by pedestrians. And they're yelling back.

Ok, I have NO IDEA what they're doing. Every time the cars start up, they move to the side. Cars stop, they continue their little filming expedition.

Never mind that there are TWO side streets they could use. Both are very pretty tree-lined and brownstone-lined streets with lots of gardens. Instead they're using the run-down Major Ghetto Boulevard (yes those are the initials of the street) as their backdrop.

And now they're done. Huh.

Maybe they're using Major Ghetto Blvd because they're Major Ghetto Bitches?

Setting trash in a pretty frame doesn't make it stop being trash, you know.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

They very much looked like the never-gonna-be-models-can't-even-think-about-it-but-goddamnit-they-wanna-be-models-so-they'll-fake-the-walk type.

I was slightly hypnotized by the very-large-booty-shaking of one girl.

Apparently there's a storefront on this block that houses a photo and film editing....center? School? It's not really a school, but they offer classes.

I get to see all the WTFness here.

Comment

My father once traveled with his team to a depressed, graffiti-strewn part of the city for a photo shoot. (He wanted the background to contrast with a certain line of shirts.) They did all their shooting in empty parking lots and alleyways, and even asked some passers-by to participate (and cut them checks afterwards). I think that had he blocked traffic, someone would have run him over.

There's a difference between being impulsive and just being an idiot.

Love, Who?

Comment

....somewhat shamefully, I will admit that I watch America's Next Top Model. There was an episode where they had the model wanna-be's runway walk across the street, turn around and walk back. Now,they were doing it at a walk signal, and I think the point was something like getting their timing down so that they could make it across the street both times before their walk light turned red.

But maybe these models got the idea from that show? Flipping channels last night, I noticed it was in re-runs so that particular episode might even have played recently.

Comment

No, in this case it was just that the street was there in front of the studio, and they didn't want to bother going to a side street (where there'd be MUCH less traffic) because a whole half block would be too far to walk.

Apparently.

Comment

Working...
            X