Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell phone store suck (I'm so very tempted to write a complaint letter...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was ignored when i wanted to buy a wedding dress and 6 bridesmaid dresses.

the funny thing is i was ignored for a girl who bought a 99 dollar dress.

i went to another store and bought 10 grand worth of stuff.

i think it was b/c me,my MOH and my mom all had comfy clothes on b/c we knew we would be in and out of clothes.

Comment

The Yul Brynner story is dying for a debunk but I wouldn't know where to start. He was acting until the late '70s, in (among other things) a TV series called Anna and the King. He was playing that same role pretty much until the end of his career. I don't know if he would have had the opportunity to go around growing stubble on his head and auditioning for stage roles. :P

Regarding Dr. Nakayama: I googled his name and got results for the pepper breeder and a gynecologist. Hope they're not the same guy. I love peppers, but wash your hands first, Doc. *crosses legs*

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
        Regarding Dr. Nakayama: I googled his name and got results for the pepper breeder and a gynecologist. Hope they're not the same guy. I love peppers, but wash your hands first, Doc. *crosses legs*
        Take a look at my location. It's the one in New Mexico. Google him with his middle initial, "M" and you'll get all kinds of info about him.

Can you imagine, considering how much chile burn hurts when I get it on my hands? You'd have to sit in a tub of milk!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          and here i thought that full cash was something they like.
          It really depends on how their sales numbers are. Most dealerships advertising a particular manufacturer need to sell a certain number of vehicles per month, or possibly lose the right to use the manufacturer's name, and access to lots of little perks and discounts that help them get sales. If they just plain need to move some cars, they don't care as much about the loans being more profitable. They lose a lot more money if they have to become a nameless dealer.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A few years back, in a local mall, I went into one of the phone places (don't remember what brand it was). I walked in, and was going to the 'wall of phones,' so that I could browse. At the time, I didn't have or use a cell phone.

On my way in, as I was about to pass the front counter, I happened to glance at the lone salesman. He was helping a customer, and there were a couple more behind him. He looked at me, wrinkled-up his face into an angry expression, and snarled out: "I'll be with you when I can!

I was taken aback -- after all, I hadn't given any indication that I was getting in line, or trying to get his attention -- and just turned around, and left the store. Because if I did find something I liked, I didn't want to deal with this particular guy.

As to the other direction this thread has taken, I too have been looked at askance because of the way I happened to be dressed. Now, I usually dress 'casual,' and it's for my own comfort, and not because I'm trying to make some kind of statement about wealth, or anything like that. It was never a problem in the many places I've lived in the States -- until I moved to California. There seems to be so many people here that'll look you up and down pointedly, and then turn their noses up at you, at some perceived notion of your own wealth, in relation to their own.

I've been in line at places like [huge warehouse office supply store], and at [huge chain bookstore], where I'd been waiting in line, and someone wearing either an expensive suit, in one case, or expensive casual clothes, in the other case, stepped out in front of me when the cashier had said: 'next,' and it was my turn. They both seemed put-out at the fact that I had the temerity to call them out on it. Both times, I got the ‘full body scan’ and the ‘head tilt and sniff.’
            Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I have a story that's slightly off topic but in the same spirit.

Background is that, back in the '90s, I had a brief and pathetic career selling real estate. I LOVE real estate! HATE sales! I'm too shy to bother strangers asking for their business, which is why I was not a success in the field. But there was this one time...

I was on "floor." This means it was my turn respond to people who called in with questions about our properties. But it was Sunday and in our firm there was no receptionist on Sundays, just two realtors who took turns answering phones. The other realtor working with me a man who'd been in the business for a few years.

At this time, the company had a property listed that was being sold only for the price of the lot. There was a house on it -- really just a shack -- which was NOT habitable. It was not only ready to fall down, it didn't have running water.

Some college girl called and wanted to see this property. The other guy took the phone call, which means he had the right to her business. But he didn't want to be bothered. She was just a kid; she thought she was asking to see a cheap house, but she was actually looking at a dump. He didn't want to mess with her and asked if I wanted to show her the property.

He didn't know she had rich parents. I ended up selling her a $105,000 house.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Working...
              X