Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherin I let you on a dirty little secret...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is possible for a blind person to drive a car - IF they have someone directing them. Even then, the directions will not be precise enough to be safe on the public road.

Top Gear once put a blind driver - a veteran who had lost his sight in service - around their test course, using their Reasonably Priced Car which they use for celebrity interviews. Jeremy provided the directions - which meant of course that the car had two people in it, making it noticeably heavier than normal. They still managed to beat two of the celebrities' times.

Here it is.

Comment

I still remember from about 20 years ago a report I heard on the radio where they arrested 3 people in one car.

The guy driving ... was blind. Charged with driving without a license.

The guy next to him, telling him which way to turn the wheel ... was drunk. Charged with DWI.

The guy in the back seat ... was the owner of the car, and they cited him for letting the two guys in the front drive it, knowing that they were incapable.

(Now of course when I go to iook for it I can't find any reference to this on Google News; there's only one similar story from 1986, but it was a pickup truck and there were only two men in it.)

Comment

Working...
      X