This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The parking offfice is closed"

My co-worker told me this story which happened yesterday around 5:30 p.m. during her shift.

The phone inside the Visitor parking booth rings. There is a customer at the exit gate. She answers the phone, & the customer tells her "I inserted a token, but the gate did not go up." So my co-worker goes up to the exit gate & notices a $5.00 bill in her hand. She tells the customer to pay at the token machine on the first floor. The customer tells her "it is broken, & the parking office is closed." So my co-worker walks back to the Visitor parking booth & calls the parking office. "Anne" answers the phone, & my co-worker tells her exactly why she is calling. "Anne" tells her that the customer has to pay at the parking office.

So my co-worker walks back to the exit gate to tell the customer, but she is rolling up her window. My co-worker stands there & waits for her to roll down her window. She tells the customer 1) that the parking office is open, 2) that she has to go there & pay for her parking. Since there was one car behind the customer, she asks my co-worker "do I have to do this?" My co-worker tells her yes, she does.

The customer backs up & pays at the parking office.

she actually thought that the employees wouldn't know if the office was closed and you just might verify if she's being honest?

oy

Comment

Working...
    X