This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Hi, I'm Rubi J Puce, and I compulsively straighten and replace the items I find that are out of place whenever I'm out shopping.
    *not at all ashamed*
    I work at a hotel and when I stay at another hotel, I'll straighten out the breakfast area when careless guests leave napkins and coffee stirrers laying around the bar and tables. Just instinct I guess.

I even offered to make more coffee when I saw it was empty and the guests started to complain to the poor front desk clerk.

Comment

I straighten up at places I have no idea how they're supposed to be... I'm good at puzzles, though...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        So I'm stocking the store today before I leave and I see a pack of mentos that has been opened.But there were only maybe three or four took out.
        That sort of thing always happened in the men's socks area. A three pack of socks would be lying there, opened, and the middle pair would be gone. I was all like "just steal the whole pack, you moron...you would get away with it obviously as well as you got away with stealing one pair! And now I have to damage out the rest of the pack...grrrr"
        I no longer fear HELL.
        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

I also straighten things out or pick up items off the floor when I'm shopping as well, especially at this time of year when it looks like an earthquake hit.

Comment

I was at work a little over an hour ago and I wasn't working, I was grabbing a sandwich and some coffee, and I ended up helping the supervisor with one of the cash drawers because the change part was stuck in the drawer, and I took one of the rags and wiped down all the tables and took the dirty dishes to the back.

Ever since I was a child I would re-organize the candy and magazine racks at the registers. I did this all the time at this one bait shop, and everyonce in a while the owner would let me take a pack of gum or a free pop for organizing his candy bin and the rest of the shop while he and my dad chattered on about things

Comment

Funnily enough, I've just been through my local supermarket, and there was surprisingly little earthquake-itis inside. There were only three oddities that stood out:

- Some bloke selling Xmas trees outside. This is perfectly normal for this time of year - in a couple of weeks he'll be sitting there with a wood-chipper instead.

- One section of the frozen-foods department was overflowing with turkeys. Again, pretty much expected.

- A bag of sugar had burst all over the sugar display. But it was contained, and people could still get un-burst bags - it just hadn't been cleaned up yet.

Comment

Turkeys? I thought we eat ham here at Christmas...

I have a habit of straightening shelves in stores, too. I've been seen straightening a sales bin of PC and console games
                A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Hi, my name is Pagan and I feel the need to straighten where I don't work.
                  My name is raw456 and I tidy up the bins of DVD's in the local JB Hi-Fi. cause it is hard to look thru what they have when it's all higglety-pigglety.

I say a support group is definately a good idea we just need a catchy name.

Tidy-uppers Anonymous perhaps?
                  "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                  "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                  "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                    Heh, you're likely to see posole here!

http://www.southernnewmexico.com/Art...exicoholi.html

(Ignore the recipe, it's just one of a bazillion out there. The old joke goes - you put 12 abuelas (grandmothers) in a room and you'll get 13 recipes for enchiladas!)
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                      Typically it'll be ham, but some people do turkey for Christmas dinner. Or some will do both.

Or you can have something different for your Christmas dinner. One year, for example, we had lasagne, salald, French bread and banana pudding for dessert.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Heh, you're likely to see posole here!
                        IIRC, tamales are also a seasonal favorite. Yum!

I was at the grocery store earlier, and picked up two piles of spilled merchandise that had been left on the floor. I guess I belong to the club, too.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                          We don't have thanksgiving over here in the UK. Turkeys are traditional for christmas.

Rapscallion

Comment

I like turkeys for Christmas as well, just because there's more yummy meat!

I saw half-consumed stuff all the time in my department back in the WM days - foods - of course! I also saw the most misplaced stuff - most likely because it was right next to the check stands. Some of the ones that stand out are:

A car batteryon top of the Ice-Pops boxes - perhaps the person thought they'd convert them to energy drinks?

A bra stuffed in with the bags of chocolates - maybe keep them from spilling over?

A box of condoms left with the Whoppers - I don't even want to know!

People are just so lazy and careless, so now when I go shopping, I too am guilty of straightening up shelves in places I don't work.

I am ShockQueen, and I am a cleaning maid not paid by the stores I shop at.
                            Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              Hi, my name is Pagan and I feel the need to straighten where I don't work.
                              Hi, my name is Calie and today while I was stranded in FredMeyer waiting for a coworker to rescue me (dang stupid car w/ no snow chains), I compulsively straightened their shoe area. With the permission/blessing of the CSR and CSM. Another hour and they might have given me a nametag...
                              "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                IIRC, tamales are also a seasonal favorite. Yum!
                                Oh yeah! Actually, posole is usually served on Christmas Eve, but we like it on Christmas. Which reminds me, I gotta learn to make tamales. Can't just run to Bueno Foods and get some in Scotland.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                I was at the grocery store earlier, and picked up two piles of spilled merchandise that had been left on the floor. I guess I belong to the club, too.
                                I think I've created a monster. Sooooo....I went and created a Group - Straighteners Anonymous!
                                Last edited by Ree; 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM. Reason: Linking group
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X