Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too bad these guys aren't single, ladies!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad these guys aren't single, ladies!!

A guys brings up a HUGE, incredibly heavy and bulky box. It's so big only half of the thing fits on the belt. I stall and come to the conclusion that he's just going to wait for ME to lift the box from the belt. I spend almost 30 seconds struggling with the damn thing, and I can barely get the thing to budge. I'm obviously sruggling, not to mention worrying about my back (which has been giving me problems and could go out at any time). What does he do? Why, he stands there and watches of course. What else is a big, strong guy to do when he sees a girl struggling to move a huge, heavy box? Finally, I grunt out, "Can you move it?" He gives it a little push towards me. I still have to lift it up off the belt and onto the counter where we set the packages. Thanks for the help, asshole. I wouldn't want you to, you know, lift the damn thing and put it back in your frickin' cart.

Also today, the girl in electronics told me that she had a customer who asked for the number to another store. While she's looking it up, he pulls out his cell phone and waits. She said, "Okay, I have the number for you" and hands him the number. He TAKES THE EMPLOYEE PHONE from the electronics desk, and HANDS IT TO HER. Talk about nerve!!

All of the problem guests tonight were men. As soon as I came in I saw a guy acting like a jackass through the whole transaction at the register next to me. I heard him loudly say, "Um, can I get a BAG, maybe???" in a snotty voice. She asked if he wanted to open the store's credit card and he goes, "No, no, no, no."
    Then he spends the rest of the transaction shaking his head at her behind her back.

At work we sell those big and somewhat bulky Guitar Hero and Rock Band bundles.

Unlike the douchewaffles in your story, I actually proactively ask certain customers if they need help carrying the box out.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Just to double-check my etiquette, is it cricket to leave Inconvenient Box in basket and ask if checker has hand-scan unit?

Comment

I much prefer that. I hate it when they load big packages of Aquafina, cat litter, or dog food onto the belt and I have to lug it around. It makes my back hurt. I'd much, much rather walk around and scan it with the hand scanner.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
          Just to double-check my etiquette, is it cricket to leave Inconvenient Box in basket and ask if checker has hand-scan unit?
          Is it what now?

I usually do leave it the cart for the simple fact of the matter that it usually won't fit on the belt.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Douchebags! Especially the guy in the first story!
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Is it what now?
              Is it cricket, you know, as in, "Now, that just isn't cricket..." which means, it's just not right...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Cricket? Never heard that expression. I usually scan the Aquafina the customer was so kind to place on the belt and then politely ask them if they could place it back in their cart. Most people are very understanding and for the occasional asshat that insinuates I'm lazy for not lifting the umpteeth heavy item of the day, I point out I wear a wrist brace and that moving the heavy items hurts. The wrist brace has nothing to do with heavy items per se, it's oncoming carpel tunnel and scanning in general hurts. But meh, they don't need to know that.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Is it cricket, you know, as in, "Now, that just isn't cricket..." which means, it's just not right...

That's not an American expression cause I never heard of that one.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                    That's not an American expression cause I never heard of that one.
                    No, it's English. Doesn't mean to say it can't travel, though. :-)

Comment

And then theres my hubby.He Will not let a girl cashier pick anything up that he considers too heavy. When I asked him about it he says its stupid I'm a man why would I stand there and watch a lady struggle with something that is nothing for me to pick up. He says I'd have to be a real prick. I love my teddy bear husband.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
                        Personally I prefer it. Especially at my store, where we sell chemicals as singles or 4-8 container boxes, if a customer comes up to the register with a box, I tell them to leave it in the cart and I use my hand gun.

Anyway, those guys in the OP need a good reality check. Especially the guy with the large, heavy awkward box. What a douchewaffle.

Comment

When I worked in stores that occasionally saw me lifting, or the necessity to lift, heavy items I would simply tell the customer flat out, "I'm sorry but I can't lift that - I'm not strong enough and it's WAY too heavy for me." Which is true, I may be of an average size but I have the strength of a child.
                          That or if I was too lazy to have the weakling debate I'd just tell them I'm pregnant and be done with it.

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
                            No, it's English. Doesn't mean to say it can't travel, though. :-)
                            I kind of thought that was the origin....since we don't play much cricket here and all.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm the opposite, I always used to shock customers when I lifted 20-30 kg bags and such out of their carts with one hand.
                              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
                              X