Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too bad these guys aren't single, ladies!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Is it cricket, you know, as in, "Now, that just isn't cricket..." which means, it's just not right...
    I've heard it. I believe Douglas Adams used it a few times between the Hitchhiker's Trilogy and the Dirk Gently books. Other British authors have used it, but I can't drop another title off the top of my head.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Not too many years ago, when checking out at Sam's Club, the cashiers were required to transfer everything from the original cart to a new cart. Supposed to cut down on missed/hidden items, I guess. I'm so glad they don't have to do that anymore. It's hard enough for me to lift some of this stuff only three times--first to the cart, 2nd to the truck, 3rd to the house. I can't imagine having to lift it all day long!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
        I'd much, much rather walk around and scan it with the hand scanner.
        I wish I had a scanner. Not so much for the heavy things (most of the time, I can handle that) but because the registers and belts at work are small, and some things are just awkward to try to scan.

Quoth Primer View Post
        Not too many years ago, when checking out at Sam's Club, the cashiers were required to transfer everything from the original cart to a new cart. Supposed to cut down on missed/hidden items, I guess. I'm so glad they don't have to do that anymore.
        I went to the Sam's Club on the west side and they were still doing that.

Makes sense to me.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X