This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times do I have to say it

So as I posted once before I have craploads of xmas decorations because my inlaws used to own a auction.And now the people that used to own the house before us left all their xmas stuff so I have even more crap. So I gave some to the Sister in laws,my mom and myself and the rest I gave the store. So on to the story...
    I decorated my huge store window(as I do every year).This year I have my (local)university lighted snowman in it that I won at last year's xmas party. Well I guess this jackass's mom saw in it the window and she wanted it...So here we go..

Jackass
    Me

Jackass-comes in and looks lost and finally ask"wheres your xmas stuff"

Me-We don't have any.The book store up(thats all I got out)

Jackass- What you don't have xmas stuff?(getting kinda overworked)

Me-Yeah we don't have any.

Jackass- Well my mom saw that snowman and WANTS it.

me-well I'm sorry that stuff in the(once again thats all I got out.)

Jackass-WELL MY MOM WANTS IT!!THAT FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!(one eleventy)
    WTF YOU SHOULDN"T BE ALLOWED TO PUT STUFF IN THE WINDOWS!!!!

RINSE LATHER REPEAT!!!!
    This went on for atleast 15 mins. This guy wouldn't take no for a answer.And the crazy thing is that I don't even like the snowman,I mean its cute but I don't want it.Had he been nicer I would have probadly sold it to him.I just bought xmas presents and I don't have one dollar til this friday. Whats the old expression you catch more flies with honey.
    What funnier is that he just came back looking pissed at the stuff in the windows.I mean really no matter how hard you look at it,its not for sale.
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM.

Would your mom like one of the shelves, too? How about the two for one sale sign? The sale ends tomorrow and we're going to have a LOT of those!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

whats even worse is that I have people walk up to my door in the summer and want to buy the decortive crap off my porch. Do they really think that people will sell everything just because they flash cash in my face.Sorry no you can't buy the frog planter.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        whats even worse is that I have people walk up to my door in the summer and want to buy the decortive crap off my porch. Do they really think that people will sell everything just because they flash cash in my face.Sorry no you can't buy the frog planter.
        Well, I don't know. If someone went high enough, I may sell my wife's mini column with the bible quote on it.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          Well, I don't know. If someone went high enough, I may sell my wife's mini column with the bible quote on it.
          And then you would die and they would never find the body. It would be buried under the column.

Comment

True. But I'd get the last laugh. She doesn't know where the gnomes went

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              They could be roaming gnomes . When one of my sister's friends went out of town a few years ago, they 'kidnapped' her gnomes, and made the cutest little photo storybook showing the gnomes escape & pictures of their travels. It was the funniest thing I'd seen in years.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                They could be roaming gnomes . When one of my sister's friends went out of town a few years ago, they 'kidnapped' her gnomes, and made the cutest little photo storybook showing the gnomes escape & pictures of their travels. It was the funniest thing I'd seen in years.
                Something similar happened several years ago down in Oak Island and, after about a year of travel, the gnome returned home.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sorry off topic a bit but...

What is it with previous home owners leaving crap behind??? That's sucky!

The house we bought 4 years ago had a lot of crap left behind from the previous owners. So much so that we had to have 1-800-GOTJUNK haul it away at our expense! Hindsight...I shoulda paid for it and then sent a copy of the bill for reimbursement to the Realtor to pass on to the previous owners!!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                    Not until she reads that post, then you've got some 'splainin' to do.
                    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

How much?

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                      Cottage Life magazines had two different articles on two owners, each owning a cottage/cabin on it's own small island that goes back generations. In both instances they had had complete strangers knocking on their cabin's door while they were on vacation offering over a million dollars for their property. Both have refused the offers.

Some things are worth more than money, family and family memories for examples.

I know you have to offer a whole lot more than what I paid for my cabin to get me to sell, and I am broke and don't even have a job!

Comment

How many times do I have to say it
                        As many times as inhumanly possible.

And then once more.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                          As many times as inhumanly possible.

And then once more.
                          And then you must do an interpretive dance.
                          Preferably, like this:
                          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth corporateslave View Post
                            And then you must do an interpretive dance.
                            Preferably, like this:
                            *image snipped for space*
                            I'm pretty sure that's how I looked every morning before I went to work during the holiday season.

As to the insistence in selling the holiday items, I'd put up a generic little sign that says 'display items not for sale'. Even if the schmoe doesn't see it initially, you've got that to back you up against the false advertising crap.

And asking if someone would buy a shelf just because it was on display? It's happened, lots, and they never understood why I couldn't sell it to them. Hello, -I- need it for the store! sheesh.
                            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                            X