X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Part 3: The Conclusion

Guess who's typing this post from home?

Yup! I was released from the hospital today!

I am sooo glad to be home. I've been in the hospital since May 1st. My mom had joked in the beginning that she paid them to keep me until July, and I was beginning to think that she was serious.

Anyway, they hooked me up to a portable VAC and disconnected me from my IV bags yesterday, and today took out my pick-line. Once they did, I was free to go home.
    Naturally, yesterday as my last day in the hospital was beautiful, while today as the day I leave it rained. Go figure.

It doesn't matter though. I'm home! That's all I care about. If I was physically able to, I'd be doing cartwheels right now.

I'll still be off work for a while, but I applied for disability, so hopefully I'm approved. Then I'll still have some money coming in at least.

And I'm extremely glad that I'm on my work's medical plan. Dr. B wrote me a prescription for my crohn's, and it's over $300! With my medical, though, I only have to pay 20% of it. That's a huge relief for me.
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Let's see if I can be the first to do the Kermit flail.

Now just sit back, chill and finish healing.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Congratulations on being back in comforting surroundings! as much as you're happy to be home, take it easy and heal. That's the important thing!
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Yeah! Good for you, Maple! It must feel great to be back home!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

yay! and now you'll actually be able to get some sleep. no-one waking you at 4 am to see if you are sleeping!

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
            Guess who's typing this post from home?

Yup! I was released from the hospital today!
            Whoo hoo!

today took out my pick-line.
            PICC. Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter. /nitpick

Naturally, yesterday as my last day in the hospital was beautiful, while today as the day I leave it rained. Go figure.
            The gods of healing are looking out for you, to keep you from doing too much at once, as evidenced by . . . .
            If I was physically able to, I'd be doing cartwheels right now.
            I'll still be off work for a while, but I applied for disability, so hopefully I'm approved. Then I'll still have some money coming in at least.
            I'm hoping from your handle that you're in Canada. If you're in the US, expect to be denied the first time around. It's pro forma.

And I'm extremely glad that I'm on my work's medical plan. Dr. B wrote me a prescription for my crohn's, and it's over $300! With my medical, though, I only have to pay 20% of it. That's a huge relief for me.
            Sounds like he wrote you for one of the new meds coming out to treat Crohn's Disease. They're still under patent, so no generics yet. I'm not too familiar with them (you know, it's actually been about 10 years since I've dealt with a patient who has Crohns), but back in the day the only effective treatment was long term steroids, which have a host of other problems and side effects. The newer drugs aren't steroids and don't have those issues (though they may have others).

Glad you're home and feeling better!
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

On Disability -- what SS said. Allow for a large amount of time in any case. I wish you luck!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sounds like he wrote you for one of the new meds coming out to treat Crohn's Disease. They're still under patent, so no generics yet. I'm not too familiar with them (you know, it's actually been about 10 years since I've dealt with a patient who has Crohns), but back in the day the only effective treatment was long term steroids, which have a host of other problems and side effects. The newer drugs aren't steroids and don't have those issues (though they may have others).

Glad you're home and feeling better! [/QUOTE]

My fiance is actually going through a treatment for chron's right now that involves basically going in for a 3 hour session and having drugs pumped into him.. a lot like chemotherapy and it costs almost 10 grand a session.. luckily his insurance covers it..

Comment

Working...
                X