This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Conversation

I wake up a man who has been in the E.R. for (according to the timer) 8 hours and 44 minutes. His main complaint? Being drunk. He was sleeping soundly when I approached him.

Me: Hey S! S! Wake up
    S: *snorts* ok, Ill call you back. *snore*
    Me: S! Wake up! Its time to go!
    S: Huh? *wakes up* Im leaving?
    Me: Yep. Time to go, here's your papers. Try to stop drinking.
    S: I need to nap, wheres your compassion?!*
    Me: I save it for the sick people. Exit is on your left. See ya!
    S: walks away muttering.

*compassion is to be had, but when I know you always expect the ER to be your hotel after a binge drinking episode, fuck you and go away. I've stopped caring.

In other news, I really would love to thank the couple who dropped their "friend" off to the ER by dumping him in a wheelchair (outside) waving frantically and then running away. Magical Narcan woke the friend up very shortly afterwards and then he had no idea where he was or where his friends had gone. Nice friends.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    In other news, I really would love to thank the couple who dropped their "friend" off to the ER by dumping him in a wheelchair (outside) waving frantically and then running away. Magical Narcan woke the friend up very shortly afterwards and then he had no idea where he was or where his friends had gone. Nice friends.
    Did he even need the wheelchair?

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh, yes he did. He was unconscious and very nearly dead from a heroin overdose. There were 5 others that came in on the same night. We can always tell when our city gets a new batch in. People go crazy.

Comment

Well, I was more thinking if he needed it for things other than the overdose. I was more curious as to where they got it from. Did he already have it for other reasons? Did they nick one from the ER?

Rapscallion

Comment

Yes, theres a bunch of wheelchairs in front of the ER so people can load the patients from their car if they have a need. I guess that sounds weird when I think about it. His friends carried him up to the door, into a chair, waved and ran away. Apparently, their car was parked around the corner. I guess they didnt want us to catch a piece of the license plate.

Comment

Reminds me of when a guy in my brother's class (long after school) died in a heroin squat of an overdose. His 'friends' stole a car, roared up to the entrance to the A&E, rolled his corpse out, and scarpered. They didn't want the rozzers turning up to their little love nest.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X