Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amina, I echo what everyone else has said. You are a hero, and a compassionate angel to those poor children. You have made a difference, a big one.

Now, don't forget to help yourself. Get the counseling, as many here have suggested. You went through a horrible time and you can use some healing for yourself.

Thank you and God bless you for all the hard work you do.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You were there when you were needed and you did all you could. You are a true hero.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I could never, ever do this kind of job, but thank whatever gods there be that there are people like you who can.

Having said that, if you feel it's time to get out, do so. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to go back if, someday, you want to (though I'm not familiar with how the medical profession operates) but right now it sounds as if you desperately need some time away from the nightmares your job involves.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          I could never, ever do this kind of job, but thank whatever gods there be that there are people like you who can.

Having said that, if you feel it's time to get out, do so. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to go back if, someday, you want to (though I'm not familiar with how the medical profession operates) but right now it sounds as if you desperately need some time away from the nightmares your job involves.
          God how I wish I could get back into ER nursing. I can't handle the pace anymore

I really, really miss it.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Thank you guys SO much for all of your kind words. I have spoken with some professionals. I do feel better in general. I had a panic reaction though the other day, seeing someone with a burn on the TV. I had to turn it off hurriedly and breath through it til I calmed down. I would say I'm "almost" back to normal, but will I ever be actually normal...probably not. (not that I ever was in the first place).

There was a follow up article in the paper about the family. They were all laid to rest together in urns, after being cremated. I would have liked to attend the services but the timing was not possible for me. The community came together to pay for these services as the remaining family couldnt afford it for all 6 of them. We also heard that the little boy who lasted the longest, the 2 yaer old, was able to donate some organs. So, someone somewhere has a new lease on life.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              God how I wish I could get back into ER nursing. I can't handle the pace anymore

I really, really miss it.
              I LOVE this place. The pace, the people, the work. But I don't think Ill stick around for years and years. When I'm done with school next year, I really am evaluating where else I can go. Oddly enough, I think my body is leaning towards starting a day shift job. As much as that horrifies my night owl self.

Comment

Amina - My heart goes out to you. I myself lost two of my children in a fire. I know what you saw. I may not know exactly how you felt, but believe me, I can empathize. You'll be in my thoughts and heart tonight. Thank you for what you do. May you have strength, comfort, and peace.

M'oh

Comment

Working...
                X