This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train your dog in different languages

I've decided to do "Luna specific" training in Czech (and why not? We use German for Kiri). I decided on Czech because I want to learn it and, well, she's Czech! (IN schutzhund and some obedience rings they use German).

I came across this site:

http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/languag.htm

List one also has audio files where you can hear the actual commands.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

One of my professors speaks to her Rhodesian Ridgeback in German (her husband's German). Another friend who's a Japanese cultural historian trainer her Corgi in Japanese. It's fun!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

It's also quite helpful. Trainers can tell the class to give a command in English but they say it in German. You also don't want any stranger and/or threat to know the trigger words for protection dogs.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The Finnish commands on that site are garbled - they're missing all the ä and ö letters. I can still figure them out, but without recordings others will have difficulty.

Comment

ooo, I have a Romanian friend, I can get him to list the commands in Romanian for me =)

although I also game with a Dane, a couple Dutch, some Poles, Finns, Norwegians, Russians and Swedes. I think the new guy in our corp is South African - his real name is Botie, which I think is SA.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

for a moment i thought that you said Romulan.
            and you know that'd be cool too. training dogs in Romulan, Vulcan, and Klingon.... or hell Sindarin or Quenya

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              for a moment i thought that you said Romulan.
              and you know that'd be cool too. training dogs in Romulan, Vulcan, and Klingon.... or hell Sindarin or Quenya

or a combination of all of the above, it doesn't have to be in any single language. My wolf hybred was trained in a combination of english, german and zarathustran fuzzy pidgin.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yeek! Shodda-bag!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Yeek! Shodda-bag!
                  yup=) and even with the navy working change from blue chambray work shirts to blue/grey camo, I can still call them blue shirt haggah =)

and treat command is hoksu fusso =)

Comment

Working...
                  X