Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For probably the first time in my life, I wasn't full of it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For probably the first time in my life, I wasn't full of it...

Ah, MoviPrep, took a couple of hours longer to work than it said on the instructions, but when it did, it was stupendous!

You may now call me old faithful. I've never felt so clean.

I think they forgot to let the air out of me afterwards - they should certainly design the loos in the recovery room so's not to act as amplifiers.

Couple hours? I had not even taken the third dose when I had to strap myself down to the toilet. ROCKET MAN!

Did you get a clean bill of health?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
      Ah, MoviPrep, took a couple of hours longer to work than it said on the instructions, but when it did, it was stupendous!

You may now call me old faithful. I've never felt so clean.

I think they forgot to let the air out of me afterwards - they should certainly design the loos in the recovery room so's not to act as amplifiers.
      That is just to let everybody know that yo are clean as a whistle inside and out
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'll find out the full results in a week or so, but they didn't find anything obvious - the doctor turned the screen around so I could watch too while they had a good rummage, removed a polyp, biopsied, wrote graffiti on the side etc.

They were looking for a bleed to explain anaemia - I must ask why they couldn't just check for blood in the stools.

Comment

I'll find out the full results in a week or so, but they didn't find anything obvious - the doctor turned the screen around so I could watch too while they had a good rummage, removed a polyp, biopsied, wrote graffiti on the side etc.

They were looking for a bleed to explain anaemia - I must ask why they couldn't just check for blood in the stools.
          The test isn't always reliable, especially for an upper GI bleed.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Nothing like experiencing 'The Night of a 1000 waterfalls'
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              That's a bit a shame, that's about the only bit they didn't check fully! They went into the top of the small intestine and were going to have a bash at getting past the caecum at t'other end

Quoth drunkenwildmage
              *looks thoughtful* it was more like an upside down sprinkler...

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                That and you have to be actively bleeding at the time of the test in order to find it. Most of the time a bleed is intermittent enough to miss and even if we do catch it at the right time, it can be very subtle.

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                *looks thoughtful* it was more like an upside down sprinkler...
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I remember hearing Jeff Foxworthy talk about that, like a dumbass he drank it all at once and he kept making jokes about what he was passing was pure enough to be called mountain spring water and passing things the neighbors had eaten, and...it was hilarious!
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

All I can think of is the the Big Yin's routine about his colonoscopy!
                    http://vimeo.com/24340828
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

That's a bit a shame, that's about the only bit they didn't check fully! They went into the top of the small intestine and were going to have a bash at getting past the caecum at t'other end
                      As for the small intestine, they give you a camera to swallow and a belt pouch for the receiver. When it comes out in the end, you give it back and they examine the pictures .
                      Oh, and the intestines has to be clean again .

I think the new generation of cameras are cheap enough that they are only used once. In the old days they were reused.

Comment

I had to go through this 3 years ago. I didn't think it tasted bad, just salty.

But after glass #3.....it wanted to start

Comment

I had two within two years - gastro- and colonoscopy. *shudder* The stuff I had to drink was so incredibly (and horribly) sweet that it's actually turned me off high-sugar foods and drinks. But yes, it's definitely a squeaky clean feeling afterwards!
                          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                          X