This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller Screen

In one of our offices, we use a switcher thingy so that we only need one monitor/keyboard/mouse to use multiple computers and the monitor sits on top of the switcher. I swapped out the switcher with a new one this morning since it was going bad and the monitor ended up further back on the desk than normal.

Person who uses the computer called an hour later, complaining that she couldn't expand her <security system> screen and it looked really small. After she was unable to find the start button (so I could remote in and see what was up), coworker Bob decided to go down to the office and look at it. Turns out the only problem was that the monitor was about 6 inches farther back than it was before, making the screen look smaller.

goddamn it, broke rule one and have to clean up dr pepper now...

oh, and on a side note its a KVM switch (Keyboard Video Mouse Switch)
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Gah, I knew that's what it's called (I even ordered the new one!) but the name escaped me when I was typing this. It doesn't help that we have ghetto ones so they normally get called things like "POS Switchers."

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
        Gah, I knew that's what it's called (I even ordered the new one!) but the name escaped me when I was typing this. It doesn't help that we have ghetto ones so they normally get called things like "POS Switchers."
        KVM switch (Keyboard, video, mouse).

Comment

Working...
        X