This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd Rather You Admit You Don't Know

I got two calls last night for the same issue, from different people.

SC: "I can't connect to <program that requires internet access>. I'm getting <error that sounds like the network is down>."
    Me: "Are you having any problems with your internet or email?"
    SC: "Nope, everything is working fine."
    Me: "Are you sure?"
    SC: "Oh, wait, I think Outlook is acting funny."

One of them denied they were having any internet problem and Outlook was working fine, we ended the conversation, and they called me back 20 minutes later to tell me Outlook was actually down too. At least they called me back.

Oh, and who in my company decided it would be a good idea to only be able to report network problems through a website?

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post

Oh, and who in my company decided it would be a good idea to only be able to report network problems through a website?

...Wait... you mean that your company has decided that you have to use the internet/network to go to a website to be able to report that the internet/network isn't working????

We really really need an explody type emote, cause that's what my brain just did on that one.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

So what you are saying is that you didn't get the e-mail that the e-mail is down?
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

The same people who decided that I should get an e-mail telling me what my password is when they reset my account for me?

Comment

Saw a great picture awhile ago;

It's a message on a whiteboard asking anyone who's internet is out to let IT know by emailing them. The really funny part is that the email address, written in dry-erase marker on a whiteboard, has been covered up with white-out.

I hope it was put up as a joke.
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X