X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb person of the year

This person put in a ticket on the fax software:

It comes in upside down and I have to print it out and rescan it so it's right side up.

/facepalm

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

I think you should go facepalm that user. With a sheet of plywood. With nails poking out of it.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

What? Your head doesn't rotate? I have people in my office still try to send faxes with the information face down when the diagram clearly shows face up.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I have to assume it isn't being scanned into any common format like PDF? Or this person just does not know what a "rotate" button does.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Or this person doesn't know how to turn the piece of paper around.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It turns out that the software is fax/document control software, and that when a fax arrives upside down .pdf, there IS no way to rotate and save correctly. You DO have to print and rescan. Software poorly written, not users. Yargh.

Cutenoob

Comment

Print to .pdf file, which can be rotated? (I use PDF Creator as one of my printers.)
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Dale, that would mean inserting a step into a workflow, with people who learned on abacuses and paper. They feel more comfortable with paper and pencils than electronic documents.

It would mean Save Upsidedown.pdf to external file, Open external, rotate, print "to" the original location and then save the fixed .pdf to the patient chart.

Personally I'm more for calling vendor and yelling WTF IS THIS SHIT.

Comment

Adobe Reader has a Rotate View option under the View menu. Easy and Free. Unless you're an Apple-ite, then you can curse Mr. Jobs and try something else.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

ugh... you expect them to find OPTIONS in MENUS?

To be fair, that would be an ongoing pain in the ass that is best nipped in the bud, not worked around.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      To be fair, that would be an ongoing pain in the ass that is best nipped in the bud, not worked around.
                      I agree, but since the problem is with third party software, in my experience, the chances of getting the developer to fix a bug with an easy* workaround before the product become unsupported is about the same as the chance my cat will take up SCUBA diving.

*assuming a basic definition of easy and a collective of brain cells to rub together. Not applicable to 52% of poulation.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X