Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it yesterday.....and I can't get past the first boss....the demon lord guy....

finally managed to get some hits on him but my shield is destroyed, and can't find any fairies
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

**hides from any spoilers**

Just popping in to say the CD is awesome, but listening to it at work is a tease!
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

TORTURE!! Mr. Skeen pre-ordered it for me (without the wiimote, but with the soundtrack) but neglected to pay for decent shipping. God only knows when it will be here! And I can't find where he ordered it from, but it's not Amazon!

Comment

I went to GS Sunday morning to get it, complete with shiney wiimote and controller condom ^^ I'm about to hit the first temple, I've been taking my time.

I definitely like so far, getting used to flying took me a while; but I hate having a shield that falls apart when somebody sneezes at it >_< Is there a way to deal with Deku Baba's and scrubs without a shield (early on), aside from just running past them? Hearts are easier to get back than shield energy. One nice thing is that you can always toss stuff at the Baba's (piranha plants)...

As for length: Ninty says 40+ hours including Hero Mode as the second play-through (New Game+, harder difficulty, NO "hearts" appear in the field without a specific Relic on hand, and it's the only way to get the best shield in the game). PS, the hearts thing isn't THAT much of an issue... ever notice those conveniently-placed tree stumps and benches? Walk up to one and hit A to sit down and heal up ^_^
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Bah, the desert is wtfing me
            DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
            Nicholas Angel: Like who?
            DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
            Nicholas Angel: Who else?
            DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

I <3 the Desert. I've been playing near overnight since I got it and I'm collecting shiny flames now. The Seasand area is deliciously fun!
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

So far, I like this game much better than Twilight Princess---which for me is up there with Majora's Mask in...not ever wanting to play again. And I'm still at the very beginning, and have to get my son to play some parts for me, because I lack patience.

The controls seem...better? Or less frustrating, than the ones for Twilight Princess (which we had for both the Wii and the Gamecube).

And I like it way better than Windwaker (seriously hate water).

Hate that you can't seem to skip the cut scenes. They certainly are proud of them, I guess.

(I secretly covet the 3DS bundle with OOT3D, but I cannot justify the purchase, and son1 just got a DSi LAST Christmas, and son2 is not getting a 3ds at age 6...)

(I've been owned by Nintendo since about 1985. Son1 was Link for Halloween when he was 4...heh)
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I'm at the part with the three power nodes. I got the first two, and now the last one is a bitch. Trying my best to figure out without using a walkthrough.

Comment

I'd ask which power node you haven't hit, but if you don't want a walkthrough...

But if it's the one I'm thinking, just remember the sand moves
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I caved and used a walkthrough. And then felt stupid that I didn't notice what to do beforehand! That marks the second, and hopefully last time I use walkthrough in this game.

Comment

Only thing I'm using walkthroughs for are for the collectibles. But that's because the gratitude crystals are kinda....well, they make me want to scream. Even with the dousing ability.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I heart walkthroughs. And my 11 year old son. He's good for telling me what I'm supposed to do.

Plus, there's that stone in the courtyard of the knight school that gives hints that are actual little videos of what to do.
                          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I couldn't stand it any longer. I got some extra money on this paycheck for working veteren's day, and my next check will have DOUBLE holiday pay on it for Thanksgiving and today, so I now own Skyward Sword (and a new Wii since my ex stole the old one).
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

My arm is KILLING me ( I need to hit the gym again).

I only just beat the Earth Temple (playing Zelda and WoW), and the final boss there was not pleasant.

Some advice, do not play this game with a cat on your lap. While wildly swinging your sword, the cat will get tangled in the nunchuck cord, and you will take damage.
                              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Played through the intro part last night before bed. So far it looks great and I'm liking the controls (I didn't have a Wii yet when Twilight Princess came out, so I played the Gamecube version, this is my first Zelda with motion controls). Not sure how I feel about the stamina gauge, I can see that becoming a slight hassle later in the game (enemies and obstacles that specifically will cause you to lose stamina when it's really needed).

And the bit where you had to jump off the statue and use the sailcloth at the last second and land in the circle was annoying (yes, I could have used the sailcloth at any time to make it easier but Zelda told me to use it at the last second so that's what I did). If Zelda games have taught me anything in recent years, it's that minor instructional bits like that will come into play later on a much grander scale, usually near the end. Joy.

I am REALLY liking Zelda's character this time around.

A friend of mine demonstrated the secret of the main theme song of Skyward Sword for me yesterday, which made me love that song even MORE.
                                Last edited by Kara; 11-26-2011, 04:51 PM.
                                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                                X