Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sohappysohappy SO DARNED HAPPY (womanly things!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sohappysohappy SO DARNED HAPPY (womanly things!)

So I found out from my doc this week that they finally realize that yes, I am gaining weight (well no duh Sherlock) and that yes, they realize that it's not coming off. Seriously, I've been more active, been taking various supplements to try and help, and exercising a LOT more than I used to. And none of it's coming off.

Well, they finally realized it's my Mirena. I switched to a new gyno, and she was like "oh my god, they haven't realized that by now?!" All my recent symptoms match up to the Mirena, and a hormonal imbalance caused by it.

So in two weeks, it gets removed, and I'll be on a much, MUCH lower dosage with a Nuvaring. My gyno predicts that my weight is going to "shed like crazy", so I've been warned to still try and lose it slowly, to retain skin elasticity.

Either way, I'm so thrilled to finally find out what's wrong, because I've been sinking into a massive depression over my weight. It's been causing all sorts of problems, and really screwing with what little self esteem I had in the first place.

So yep. CELEBRATING EARLY TIME /boogies
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Ooooo. I wish my weight would just shed like crazy....but apparently not enough to use our treadmill on a regular basis.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Great news, Seraph! So pleased that there is an easily fixable solution and that you can start feeling more confident because you know it's nothing you did wrong.

*joins in boogies*
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Awesome! Good luck with the weight loss *joins in the boogies*
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

More good lucks & YAYS from me too... and a little thanks

I'm off to see about my womanly things tomorrow ... I have a Mirena & I've been struggling to drop weight for ages too.
          Thanks, you've given me something to think about & discuss with the doc
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

YAY! Changing docs can make a huge difference, it surely made one for you! (I recently replaced my GP with a new one, 100% better!)
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I lost two pant sizes by dropping the salt shaker. I do not add salt to food anymore and do not buy food from the frozen food section of the store and avoid soup at all costs. My blood pressure is happier, my doctor is happier, my family is happier, and my wardrobe is happier.

It is nice to know that it's not you but the Mirena. Good luck and as always do what your doctor says.
              ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth Rock Lobster View Post
                I lost two pant sizes by dropping the salt shaker.
                I don't think I could deal with salt-less vegetables

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
                  You get used to it eventually though.
                  ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
                    For MOST people (not all, obviously, as always, see your doc) the salt shaker isn't the source of too much sodium. It's the massive amounts of salt in processed food. Cut those and you'll cut your sodium intake hugely without having to sacrifice seasoning on your food. The worst part is that those processed foods don't even usually taste that salty! So if you're cooking, and you start with something processed, then add salt to season during cooking, THEN finish with salt at the table, and yikes.

Confession: I'm guilty of way too much salt. I have a tendency to oversalt when cooking (working on this) and I eat way too much junk. A sprinkle on your green beans probably isn't going to break the bank.
                    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
                      For MOST people (not all, obviously, as always, see your doc) the salt shaker isn't the source of too much sodium. It's the massive amounts of salt in processed food. Cut those and you'll cut your sodium intake hugely without having to sacrifice seasoning on your food. The worst part is that those processed foods don't even usually taste that salty! So if you're cooking, and you start with something processed, then add salt to season during cooking, THEN finish with salt at the table, and yikes.
                      I just talked about this in class today with my nursing students.

They actually inject fresh meat with a 10% saline solution to keep the meat fresh. So even with fresh meat it is hard to control sodium intake
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                        I just talked about this in class today with my nursing students.

They actually inject fresh meat with a 10% saline solution to keep the meat fresh. So even with fresh meat it is hard to control sodium intake
                        One of the reasons I like to buy my meat where it's butchered on-site from the primals right when you order it and why we are trying to buy into whole animals with friends so you can order it butchered how you like.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Well...my first week without it? I'm down 6 lbs without even trying. I hope this keeps up. I really do.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

YAY!! Thats brilliant!

At my practice over here in the UK, I asked about that Mirena & weight gain. The practice nurse said she's never heard of it but the doc was ambiguous to the idea.
                            So, seeing as I was overdue for a change, I've opted to go hormoneless again from next month.

Although why I bother these days is a mystery
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Make sure to be careful, maybe exercise a bit so you don't get stretch marks or anything.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X