This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destined for urban legend status

This is a true story, to be filed in the "you can't make this shit up" drawer.

A woman needed to be seen a few weeks back because she had shoved part of a potato up her lady parts, and it had sprouted. At the time she was seen, the vine was halfway to her knee.

That is all.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I got nothing.

Comment

uhh.....

My only question, was it regular or sweet?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My wife... spouted this. "Why does this potato taste like fish??" That is just... awesome. And meant in the Bill Engvall sense.
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          uhh.....

My only question, was it regular or sweet?
          My guess would be neither... not any more. Shudder.

Comment

Why did she .. how did she .. LEAVE it there that long?
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

If you left a cucumber in there would it pickle?

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                If you left a cucumber in there would it pickle?
                We need to squash this vine...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is not a call-out or a flame, but I first heard this story over twenty years ago when I was just starting my clinical rounds.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                    This is not a call-out or a flame, but I first heard this story over twenty years ago when I was just starting my clinical rounds.
                    I heard it last night from the nurse who saw it when the woman came in. She pointed out that she'd always heard it as an urban legend herself and never believed it... until she saw it.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Yeah, it's already an urban legend! But maybe there's another urban legend, specifically that putting a potato up there is a good idea for some reason.

The urban legend usually involves the patient telling the doctor that she's got "the green vines in the virginny".

Comment

On the ignorance of some women--I once had a student, a woman in her forties, who asked me in all seriousness if a tampon could get "lost up there" and travel up into the abdomen. I was gladdened that she liked and trusted me enough to ask such a question, but at the same time I was appalled at her ignorance. And yes, I frankly explained to her the structural differences between a vagina, where nothing that big could get past the cervix, and a colon, where the intestines do just keep on going.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

The reason that I have heard of behind a potato (or part thereof) being inserted vaginally is to prop up a uterine prolapse, but I imagine that people use it for other reasons as well.
                          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                            On the ignorance of some women--
                            Mum has told me that when she was in the labour ward with me, her neighbour in the ward asked her where the baby was going to come out. She thought it might come out her mouth, and was scared....

(Mum got one of the ward nurses to have a quiet 'facts of life' chat with her neighbour. But of all the times to not know something....)

(This was in 1969.)
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Its a cheap pessary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessary). It happens with the Amish community I live around. The women birth a ton of kids ( no birth control) and their vaginal structure isn't what it once was. If they prefer to visit their herbal doctors instead if the hospital, it's what works.

Comment

Working...
                              X