Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Innocuous yet disgusting health issue. What works for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably best to check in with your doctor before you start using steroid creams like hydrocortisone. They can have some nasty side effects if used long term but are fine to use as directed.

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
      Probably best to check in with your doctor before you start using steroid creams like hydrocortisone. They can have some nasty side effects if used long term but are fine to use as directed.

Actually your pharmacist can probably advise you on that, or at least they can here in Ireland - and if you're US based, it'll save you a pricey trip!

Hydrocortisone is good stuff, I've been using it for years (chronic eczema.) You never want to apply too much though (sparingly is the key word here) and don't EVER use it on your face without a doctor's OK, because it can bleach your skin...

...although that may be less of a concern if you're using it on your ass.
      "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Quoth Koalio View Post
        My husband, who is a nurse, has heard of this problem and has a solution for you. He says to go to any grocery store/pharmacy and go into the ethnic shaving/hair care section. There is an ingrown hair treatment for, excuse me, black people called something like "no bumps" that he says works miracles. It is gentle enough for that area.
        wait, ethnic shaving/hair care section?

(sorry, completely foreign concept to me...)

As far as barrier stuff goes, QV or Aveeno are great for that.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm also in the heated South. I started going to the gym before my May wedding and as the temperature and humidity rose, I discovered that my Lady regions would sweat a lot more than I was accustomed to. I also am a habitual "lawn mower", so to speak. I am familiar with your problem.
          I have lady clippers to keep hair short and use Arrid Extra Dry before working out or running and haven't had a recurrence since.

Comment

Working...
          X