Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it turns out that Doctor "Where are you from" I mentioned above was actually drunk by the time he'd asked me that question - for some strange reason, that's the ONLY "Shit hit the fan" meeting where wine is part of the catering request and the good doctor figured "Hey, red wine has health benefits, I may as well partake!" Yeah...taking the wine off future requests. (Most of the requests had been put in before I started there)

Actual Safety Incident at work #2
    To sum up, one of the operating theatre nurses was doing some cleaning in one of the rooms and somehow (not quite sure how), managed to flick himself in the balls with a plug from an electrical cord. To make matters worse, he'd had a vasectomy recently, so there was also a bit of swelling. Yeah....

Funny doctor names

Was doing some data analysis stuff the other day and found that there used to be an orthopaedic doctor at the hospital with the surname of "Hackman." There was also another doctor (not sure what specialty) with the surname "Butt."

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
      Funny doctor names
      Can't help ya there, but I can give you a couple funny lawyer names. Suffice it to say that the names fit them quite well: Mr. Fink and Mr. Cheatwood.

Other interesting names I've come across lately...

A candidate for re-election to the sheriff's office: Mr. Crook

A real estate agent: Dick Leike (yes, his last name is pronounced as "like"). His parents have to have known that naming him Richard (which I presume is his actual name) was gonna get interesting comments thrown at him back in school...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

More stories!

You classified it as whaaaat?
        One of my ongoing jobs at the moment involves reviewing how incidents are classified in our incident database. Some people *really* have no idea how to classify an incident properly. Take issues involving food for example. There is an actual classifier for "Food" in the system. Instead, food-related incidents have been classified as everything from a breach of rights, through to an injury, through to a hazard.

You can also give an incident multiple classifiers. Someone didn't check what was actually in the system however, so we have instances where "Body part affected" comes up as both a "main" category and a subcategory. The main category one tends to get used the most. Oy...

Actual Safety Reports Filed At Work:

- Surgeon hit their head on the wall monitor in the theatre (turns out that the surgeon is of above-average height and keeps bonking their head on the monitor in that theatre. For whatever reason though, he won't change theatres. And before you ask, the wall monitor's height is not adjustable and they can't fix it without tearing apart the whole theatre.)

- A used theatre gown was found at a nearby hotel (we do have a couple of hotels just up the road from us - sometimes patients who have long distances to travel will stay there for 1-2 nights post-discharge just in case something goes wrong). Absolutely no clue how it got there.

Comment

Working...
        X