This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when we refuse a delivery, we mean it

OK, the store I work for does printing, and we need a certain paper for a huge job coming up this week. We ordered the paper from the distributor and ask to have it cut from 28"x40" to the size we need 13"x19" (I think that's the size)...

Paper arrives Friday on a palette... and it's not cut, even though the invoice we received by email says "CUT TO SIZE 13"x19". We look at the paper, refuse the delivery, the guy loads it back onto the truck and heads back to the warehouse.

Today (Monday), another delivery guy shows up with the paper... and it's still not cut. AGAIN, we refuse delivery.

So, either some manager at the warehouse decided to try and deliver the same paper instead of shipping it back to the distributor... or the distributor sent a second order of the paper out without cutting it and now there's two loads being moved that we can't use...

All I really know is that there'd customers waiting for a huge order that's now delayed because of this mess.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Reading - it's an ART! Apparently it's a lost art....

Comment

Today is Tuesday. We received another delivery from the same company. Got told by the driver that his manager told him (the driver) to load that same stack of paper onto the truck and bring it to us. Thankfully, driver said no.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
        Got told by the driver that his manager told him (the driver) to load that same stack of paper onto the truck and bring it to us. Thankfully, driver said no.
        Please tell me someone lodged a complaint about this. By this point that manager is doing it deliberately, and it is having a knock-on effect on your customer.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Someone just tried that crap with us recently.

VERY EXPENSIVE

Its in a wooden create with a "do not stack on top" crush cone n top. And both looked like someone dropped a piano on top. We refused to let him even unload it from the truck.

A week later we get a delivery of a new really VERY EXPENSIVE thing. Or so we thought..... IT WAS THE SAME FUCKING ONE. We even pulled the security tapes to show the manufacturer the shenanigans going on.

Comment

We'll often get pallets that should be refused by the warehouse due to product damage, but they're not. We then get to deal with "discovering" the leaky broken glass when unpacking everything...hey, the obvious wetness on assorted boxes didn't give you a clue down on the dock that maybe something wasn't right? Or the fact that the pallet is trailing liquid and/or smells funny?

As an amazing manager once said: "Nothing warms the cockles of my cold retail heart like seeing a box marked FRAGILE with a big-ass dent in it."
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X